Endpoint antivirus disapper when joining Windows Server 2012 domain

1di9

I've noticed that a PC equipped with Windows 10 pro updated to latest version and latest Endpoint antivirus show a strange behaviour if connected in a network with a domain or not: when under domain antivirus is disactivated and is not possible to activate or unistall/install, if I put this pc in a different network (without a domain) Endpoint antivirus back to work properly!

This is insane! How can I get it back to work properly even in the domain?

• Administrators

Does temporarily setting the ESET Remote Administrator Agent service to not start automatically and rebooting the system make a difference? This would confirm or deny that it's cause by applying an ERA policy.

It is a stand alone installation of endpoint, all pc (4) and server  has this kind of installation.

However only on this pc behave in this way...

On 28/2/2018 at 1:34 AM, tmuster2k said:

if its'a a 1 off with this only one computer then uninstall ESET to see if issue is reproduced. If not then install latest build back on system. 

Last time I tried  wasn't able to uninstall or restore ESET installation due to some authorization issue, even if user is in administrator group.

I cloned hard disk on a new ssd and,  magically,  endpont antivirus came back to work.  Don't ask me how could it happend....