Remote Admin Upgrade Endpoint clients to latest version

How can I upgrade Remote admin Endpoint clients from 5.0.2214 to 5.0.2225 using PCU.

I have previously used the .nup file method as in KB ID SOLN3308

• Administrators

I've asked the product manager about the plans for releasing PCU to v. 5.0.2225. As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version of Endpoint from a mirror? Isn't creating an install package and using the "Upgrade client" feature an option?

Is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version of Endpoint from a mirror? Isn't creating an install package and using the "Upgrade client" feature an option?

For our behavior, yes ;)

I do not know wich services, tasks and software currently running on all our clients so pushing a new installation could possible harm them. I think it would much better to let the user choose when he installs the upgrade.

• Administrators

I was asking because using the Upgrade client feature is 100% equivalent to putting nup files to a mirror.

I was asking because using the Upgrade client feature is 100% equivalent to putting nup files to a mirror.

Huh, that I didn't know.

As far as I remember, on PCU the user was notified that there is an update and he can decide, if and when he will do it.

I thougth the "update client" option was more like an remote install (user did get not notification and cant decide anything). And as I remember, it was like that!?

On the other hand: automatic PCU vs. "upgrade client"

On PCU, eset deployed the packages and the admin has nothing to do... on "upgrade client" the admin has regularly check for new versions, check if theses versions are complatible, create RI packages, check for old clients and has to deploy these updates.

So, a lot of more work for your customers.

But I will test the "upgrade client" feature if you're right.

THX for the informations.

• Administrators

Yeah, that's true. When a pcu is available in the form of nup files in a mirror, users updating from the mirror can choose whether to perform upgrade or not by default. If you want, I can provide you a link to nup files 5.0.2225. Although not tested, they were build together with the already released version of Endpoint so there should be no issues at all.

• 2 weeks later...

@marcos, are there any possibilities to control nup updates via update mirror? E.g. only provide this update for a special ip rage or only for a special version (update only if you run 5.X or lower than 4 etc)?