Install failes MSI.1406

Norm@Home

I'm trying to install the latest NOD32 with the live installer and it's failing with this error MSI.1406. How do I fix this error and get the product installed?

BTW Since the installer says "This may be the result of malware activity" I scanned the computer with the online Eset scanner and Malwarebytes and neither found anything?

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide ELC logs to start off.

I followed the instructions and tried using the Default collection profile and it ended with an error "An error occured during collection of files. See the log for more info." where would this log file be that it makes reference to? I don't see any error messages in the system application log. I searched the entire C: drive for any log file and ordered them by date / time and I don't see any log within the timeframe of running the Log Collector.

• Administrators

Did you also contact Customer care? This forum is not meant to be a substitute for customer care and does not allow tracking of issues. It's rather just an additional channel where you can discuss issues, provide feedback, etc. with other users and moderators.

Please collect install logs as per the instructions at https://support.eset.com/kb406/ and provide them to customer care. You can post them here as well so that we can check if there's something obvious which is causing installation to fail.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Did you also contact Customer care? This forum is not meant to be a substitute for customer care and does not allow tracking of issues. It's rather just an additional channel where you can discuss issues, provide feedback, etc. with other users and moderators.

Please collect install logs as per the instructions at https://support.eset.com/kb406/ and provide them to customer care. You can post them here as well so that we can check if there's something obvious which is causing installation to fail.

As I posted, the log collector failed with an error as I mentioned above. If I can't get the logs what then?