moving era_db to another SQL Server instance

When our ESET ERA was in v5, the database name was called 'ESET' in our SQLEXPRESS instance (in SQL Server11.0.2100). This instance has other databases running.
After our ERA was upgraded to v6, the new database was created 'era_db' in another SQL Server instance call ERASQL (in SQL Server 12.0.2000). This instance only has only one database running (era_db).
So we have two SQL Server instances running in the same server, which takes up unnecessary CPU.

Questions:
1. Is the ESET database in my SQLEXPRESS still in use or can I take it ofline? (the last eventlog date was the date i upgraded my ERA from v5 to v6)

2. Is there a proper way to move the era_db database from the ERASQL instance to the SQLEXPRESS instance?
From this help link (https://help.eset.com/era_install/65/en-US/index.html?db_migration_sql.htm), if I understood correctly, this is not doable because the era_db cannot be moved to another instance that's lower version?
If not doable, that means I would probably need to move all other databases from the SQLEXPRESS instance (v11.0.2100) to the newer instance (ERASQL, v12.0.2000) in order to let my server only need to run one instance?

image.png.9ce0c35767d6943e6412de8441b5c53a.png

Thanks.

• ESET Staff

Hello, 
because there is a major-version difference in the DB server, it is not possible to move the DB from newer-version DB server to older one.  In this case, I would recommend to "to move all other databases from the SQLEXPRESS instance (v11.0.2100) to the newer instance (ERASQL, v12.0.2000) in order to let my server only need to run one instance?"

Oliver.