Automatically reboot when needed didn't reboot

ERA 6.5. Scheduled an after-hours push install of 6.6.2072.2 over the previous version via ERA Client Task. The option to Automatically Reboot if Needed was set in the Task, but none of the computers rebooted.

Why? Does it not reboot if a user is logged on (as likely they were)?

Edited by JRV

• 3 weeks later...

I added REBOOT_WHEN_NEEDED=1 to the Client Task that installed ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server v6.5.12014.1 on my servers last night. (The "Automatically Reboot When Needed" checkbox was also enabled, FWIW.) None of the servers rebooted.

Capture.PNG

• ESET Staff

Next EFSW release will enable you to use this workaround. Once both products are released, this workaround won't be required anymore.

I will leave answer to ETA-part to @MichalJas I am not sure.

Summarizing this thread:

No solution for now, for ESFW. Have to reboot manually until the next ERA and/or EFSW are released towards the end of Q2. (-ish.)

For ESET Antivirus, add REBOOT_WHEN_NEEDED=1 as an "Installation Parameter" in the installation Task.

• 4 weeks later...

ESFW v6.6.2072.4 is now in the Repository.

Does this version include the auto-reboot fix?

Do I need to add REBOOT_WHEN_NEEDED=1 as an "Installation Parameter?

• ESET Staff
5 hours ago, JRV said:

ESFW v6.6.2072.4 is now in the Repository.

Does this version include the auto-reboot fix?

Do I need to add REBOOT_WHEN_NEEDED=1 as an "Installation Parameter?

Not sure what product you actually meant, as there does not seems to be EFSW of such version ... in case you meant EES/EAV, adding parameter REBOOT_WHEN_NEEDED=1 required. It will be required until new ERA Agent is available and installed on client machines.

In case you actually meant EFSW, I don''t think support for this parameter will be available before upcoming major release is available.

You're right; the filter was set for EAV; didn't notice that. Catches me every time. (IMO, browsing the repository for a product should automagically filter for that product.)

Clarifying:

"Major Release" = 7.x? ESFW, ERA, or both?

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, JRV said:

"Major Release" = 7.x? ESFW, ERA, or both?

EFSW 7.x will add support for installation parameter REBOOT_WHEN_NEEDED which is crucial in this case. ERA Agent 7.0 will use this parameter automatically. This means that you will need both application in version 7.x for reboot to work automatically, or at least EFSW 7.x for workaround mentioned in this topic. If I recall correctly, both products will be release simultaneously, as was mentioned in previous comments.