package not found in repository

Hey guys

From last about 3 - 4 builds of eset endpoint antivirus I noticed, that when new version of product is online @ repository.eset.com, older ones are unavailable. In past older packets were ready to download also. My settings of repository on ERA are set to AUTO. I wont lie, it makes a little problem for me, because I have 30 mini admins in my era and they keep talking that console doesnt work right, because of that install problems. Its not console problems, package I pointed is unavailable to get and install. What is the reason of delete older builds (I mean -1 builds)...? Some serious bug or what ?

Greetz and thx for reply

Marcin

• ESET Moderators

Hello Marcin,

usually we keep older versions in the repository, unless we have a good reason not to do so.

This time using older versions of the installation packages might lead to BSOD on Windowses with latest patches installed so we decided to pull them and keep only the latest, compatible version.

Generally we advise as a good practice to use the latest version available (and keep the endpoints on it as well) as it contains fixes on the issues reported and might contain features to improve the protection as well.

Regards, P.R.