Number of scanned objects is not the same with the number of files,that you want to scan.

Kasian

Hi all.

When i scan a MP3 file from the Sample Music folder of my pc, it sais that 1 object is scanned.

I recently decided to make my own ringtone, so i visited hxxp://www.hdtransform.com/ ,

I followed the instructions, I downloaded and saved the (MP3 Format Sound) - file in my PC.

Then, I decided to scan it, but when i did, it was clean but it said that 2 objects were scanned.

Since, it is only 1 file, what is the second scanned object?

My memory tells me that we had a similar question not that long ago and an answer were given, but unfortunately I don't find that thread now.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the same issue, every file that I do scan by first time say that 2 objects were scanned and if I do scan again the same file it says that 1 object were scanned. so only the first time it says a different number of objects scanned.

Is this normal?

• Administrators

I have the same issue, every file that I do scan by first time say that 2 objects were scanned and if I do scan again the same file it says that 1 object were scanned. so only the first time it says a different number of objects scanned.

Is this normal?

Could you drop me a pm with the file(s) that you've scanned attached?

• ESET Moderators

Hi KogMaw,

In order to find out what exactly is being scanned, go to Advanced setup (by pressing F5) > Antivirus > On-demand computer scan, choose the profile used for the scanning and then below, find Log all objects and enabled this option.

Afterwards, you will see everything scanned with this profile in Tools > Log files > Computer scan > doubleclick on the latest scan.

Regards,

T.