ERA strategy for receive security update

Hello,

Is it possible by deploying an ERA agent to have an internal and external configuration.
For example: In the case where the server is no longer available I would like my customers to be able to when to receive security updates.

• ESET Staff

Hello. You have not specified the method of how are the clients getting updates. If via proxy cache server, you can configure a switch that will allow direct access when proxy is not reachable. For both agent and security product.

If you use update mirror, you can create an update task via scheduler, where you configure primary (mirror) and secondary (autoselect) update server. 

• ESET Staff

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to have one client, to be used as "update mirror" and others downloading the updates from the update mirror, you will have to have different policies. One for the mirror (to create mirror), and another for the connected clients, to actually get updates from mirror.

KB article is here: https://support.eset.com/kb3641/

However, with the mirror configuration, this internal and external access does not work well if the end-user triggers an update from the application menu.  This will likely result in an error when the client is unable to reach the mirror server.  I wish ESET would standardize this behavior between the PC and macOS versions of the product into a simple try server/config A first, if fail or unable to connect, try B.

King,

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

My computer park is nomadic overall.

I want that when they are in LAN they receive the updates of the Eset Administrator and outside they receive eset updates directly.

But like you said he doesn't work...