How do I configure our policy to not scan APFS snapshots

I'm testing ESET on macOS High Sierra with Time Machine - so the OS creates and mounts snapshots usually hourly. The configuration we are testing for production against ESET 6.5.432.1 pops up two alerts for each snapshot creation.

1.  How can I suppress these pop up alerts?
  2. How can I configure an exclusion rule to avoid these being scanned for cases where we have dozens of snapshots a day?

It looks like the admin console is excluding

/Volumes/com.apple.TimeMachine.localshapshots/*

already so I'm not sure why I get two pop up each interval (and I confirm two pop up - I got two just now trying to write this post.)

ESET.png

I'll test it if you want. I have a couple test Mac ready to go and don't mind if it breaks things. I can make console changes as well if needed. Thanks for confirming you've seen this and might have a fix.

• 1 month later...

Can I get the work around posted for this issue? I made some changes to our policy for the Macs and now every hour the warning window pops up and I can not figure out how to exclude it via the policy.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:20 PM, foneil said:

There is a workaround for this, but let me verify if it's the most up-to-date before posting it. 

Would really like to know what the workaround is for this issue. I just spent 10 minutes clicking through about 50 windows that were from yesterday / overnight snap shots... I also have other Mac users now coming after to me because they are having to do the same.

On 2018-02-07 at 7:20 PM, foneil said:

There is a workaround for this, but let me verify if it's the most up-to-date before posting it. 

I'd also like to know what the work around is. I see that this work around was talked about almost 2 months ago... but this is the only post I've found about it. Even a link to the work around would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, jkknight said:

I have excluded these 2 directories so far with no luck

Screenshot 2018-04-05 16.52.01.png

We have tried this as well with no favourable results.

18 minutes ago, foneil said:

the workaround. 

Yeah not really the workaround I was hoping for... I had already used that option and we didn't want to leave ourselves open to a new vector just because our users were getting annoyed. I'll keep trying out different exclusion arguments until I find one that works I guess.

Thanks Fo