problem with Windows Update

iamsaanvi

I have this problem from couple days "Error message: Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely."

When i click on "Check updates" after few seconds its the same as above, i tried:

- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth 

- sfc /scannow

- Windows Update Troubleshooter

This is my winver (They asked about it):

1709 (compilation 16299.19)

help me, please

Thanks in Advance

Saanvi S

• Administrators

Run Windows update to install the latest Windows updates. Also you can configure ESET to notify you only about critical updates or disable OS update notifications completely.

• Most Valued Members

Windows has had updates released and then pulled a few times over the past month because of the problems they were creating on certain systems. Even KB4058258 that was released 2 days ago(that would have brought your version up to 16299.214) is still not available and might even be pulled.

You could still install the update manually but i would think that if it does not show via windows update , then there is a good reason for it and might be best to hold of till patch Tuesday in February .... which is not too far away :)

• 2 weeks later...

@iamsaanvi ... you may want to look at this thread: https://forum.eset.com/topic/14624-is-eset-blocking-kb4058258-windows-10-16299214/.  There is actually an issue with the Anti-Stealth module which was blocking Windows updates on (at least some) Windows 10 systems. ESET is now aware of the issue, and a fix seems to be coming this week.