ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

TAdams

Hello,

I am a current subscriber, and I am here again to state that the user interface in NOD 32 AV Version 11 is a poor user experience. It is low contrast, and there are no options to change the "theme", Increase the font size or font itself, none of which would be required had better selections been made in the first place.

Light gray on white, Med. Green on Light green, black on off white.  Obviously my complaints were not heard, and if they were, then they were not addressed. Perhaps you may find it better coming from experts, when common sense and consumers input aren't enough...

https://www.nngroup.com/articles/low-contrast/

hxxp://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-contrast.html

hxxp://juicystudio.com/services/luminositycontrastratio.php#specify  (yields info in attached image)

B2B2B2 on F6F6F6 background as measured using an image from the main ESET Nod 32 menu.

76BA65 on EDF6E2 background as measured from the same menu also attached.

Please make adjustments accordingly, my renewals are up soon and you can be sure I will make adjustments accordingly.

Regards,

Tom

Edit - Further reading from months/years ago from other users requesting the same thing: https://forum.eset.com/topic/1169-future-changes-to-eset-nod32-antivirus/

ESET Font color Capture.PNG

ESET Font color Capture 2.PNG

Edited by TAdams
Additional info found on forums

While having themes would be nice, you shouldn't base your  renewal upon it. An Antivirus is there to protect you, not to constantly keep opening it up and looking at it. In fact, I install it and forget it's even there, it is very rare that I open the user interface.

If you are using an AV because it has nice colors and themes, then you have chosen the wrong product.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by Phoenix