Old OPP Problem Is Back

Win 10 1709, IS 11.0.159

My bank web site is no longer opening under OPP from normal browser mode. Browser is IE11.

Perhaps latest Win Updates borked something?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, galaxy said:

paypal.com

No problems with paypal.com here. What browser / version do you use and what version of the BPP module do you have installed?

image.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

What action do you have set for this bank website in the Protected websites setup?

Same as you; secured browser. Suggest you test under IE11 since that is what I am using and where the problem is being experienced.

-EDIT- Also my OS is x64 which I forgot to post. That would mean x64 IE11 is running.

Edited by itman

I noticed that BPP updated today to ver. 1122. IE11 x64 still not launching my bank web site in BBP mode when IE11 is in normal browsing mode.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...

I have 100% verified the IE11 issue is related to EPM setting. If I add my bank site URL to IE11 Trusted Web Site section, Eset Banking Protection will open w/o issue from a normal browser mode session. This is because EPM is disabled by default in the Trusted Web Site section.

What is strange is IE11 works fine in EPM mode if Eset Banking Protection directly opened via desktop icon. Again, I had no issues prior to early Jan., 2018 IE11 patches via Win Updating for the Spectre issue. So it appears IE11 joins Edge as not being functional from a normal browser session.:(

Edited by itman