Jump to content

Client error state blank


JamesMcG
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can't figure out what's going on here with the 'worst functionality problem'. This started happening after upgrading the workstations to 6.6. Any ideas?

If we check on the client side it's basic stuff like e-mail or web filtering disabled, which is a whole other issue. The clients in this screenshot have the same policy applied so there's no reason one should have modules disabled and another not...

eset_issue.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It could be caused by web / email protection or protocol filtering disabled or malfunctioning on the client. It is a known bug that the error message is not shown in the ERA console.

Anyways, if the computer has access to the Internet, I'd strongly recommend keeping protocol filtering and web/email protection enabled, or you'll disable a substantial protection layer that protects users from Internet-borne threats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Marcos is right! If we manually enable it it clears the state in ERA. I'm going to try and force it on via policy for the other error state clients. Thanks!

image.png.fe2d015c994d639331c607ba92f7d992.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Just to let you know - you can suppress those warnings via policy for Endpoint  / user interface / application statuses.

We will also fix this in the upcoming version.

Edited by MichalJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok good to know, I do want the functionallity to work however. I have made some progress, most are now showing Web Access protection is non-functional. Seems on those systems even with the policy defined to force it on it fails to start. Locally it's locked/greyed out, and set to off! If I try a manual update I get:

image.png.ff9775ac58ef9663c2f0afc6bb6834cc.png

 

If I check into the advanced settings on the client the user/pass is there. Same policy/settings as my fully working clients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

This is most probably the same issue as described in another thread here on forum.

Please deactivate the clients from ELA and the reactivate them either locally or via era activation task. That should resolve the issue with clients not being able to update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...