Policy not being applied correctly

When I initially deployed File Security two a couple domain controllers for testing purposes, I had created the installer with an ESET built-in policy (Antivirus - Real-time scanner only) which claims that it is "Optimized performance for server."

I was told here than I should instead use the Default configuration first, as it'll provide better protection and only roll back things if i have issues.. makes sense!

So i created a default policy and applied it to the group in which these two domain controllers reside. 

image.png.78f65c7dc5e421fbf98be067de6b5388.png

Is there something else i need to do to get this policy to be followed?

Portions of File Security are still not enabled, even though they are in the policy i've applied to the group:

image.png.45883a819c224aab8d6303830df93888.png

image.png.3b9b40fb79afc905f9f416f18e7eae89.png

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

• Administrators

Make sure to select particular settings, ie. the dot icon or the flash icon must be selected in order for the setting(s) to be applied by the policy.

27 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Make sure to select particular settings, ie. the dot icon or the flash icon must be selected in order for the setting(s) to be applied by the policy.

Oh, wow, thanks Marcos. I thought the grayed out circle meant that it was currently selected. I see now that I need to go through and select the correct administration settings for all the settings in this policy.

Edited by chockomonkey

Is there a better way to activate these across the board? Certainly you don't expect users to click through every single section to enable the policies for a default policy application?

Edited by chockomonkey

• Administrators

We don't have any special recommendations for SQL server or Quickbooks server. After reviewing the settings applied by the "Antivirus - Maximum security" policy, it should be ok to apply it. The only thing I'd recommend to change is strict cleaning mode. I'd suggest using standard cleaning instead.

As for reverting to default settings, we'll be releasing a brand new Endpoint v7 and ERA v7 (ESMC) in a few months which will use default settings if not overridden by a policy. Currently settings remain set even if a particular policy is not applied any more, until overridden by another policy. That said, currently the fastest way to revert to default settings is by uninstalling and reinstalling the security product which is a problem on servers.