Clients losing connection to ERA on Mac OS

We're currently experiencing client endpoints losing connection to our ERA. Below is the last error log. I removed the host IP for security reasons.

On the endpoint itself, I can do a "nc -z <IP> 2222 and it'll connect successfully. We've experienced this on 38 machines since June 2016. Our workaround has been to uninstall the ERA Agent and Reinstall the Agent. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

macOS 10.12.6

trace.log

Edited by brandobot
Table removed, a trace log was provided

• Administrators

Please provide status.html generated by the ERA Agent. You've posted a table which we removed since it didn't resemble status.html but now I've realized it could have been that.

Yeah, I had originally uploaded the status, which you removed. I'm re-attaching it now.

Note that we've connected to this machine, and was able to communicate to our IP on port 2222 successfully. On machines that had the same error, we've uninstalled the agent and re-installed and it'll reconnect successfully. Obviously, this is not a feasible task for us to do every time a machine disconnects.

Status log

Scope Time Text
Last replication 2017-Dec-21 18:45:46 Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "REDACTED" port: 2222' failed with: Network is unreachable
Peer certificate 2017-Dec-21 18:45:11 OK
  • Agent peer certificate with subject 'CN=Agent at *' issued by 'CN=Server Certification Authority' with serial number '011ab7527957a342d5867130df08e51ebd01' is and will be valid in 30 days

Performance

Indicator Value
Up time 00:00:44
Kernel time 0 sec., 0.0 % of up time
User time 2 sec., 4.5 % of up time
Memory private usage 44 MB
Memory working set 722 MB
Memory peak working set 722 MB
Available physical memory 1166 MB
Total I/O reads 0 KB
Total I/O writes 0 KB
Total I/O others 0 KB

Generated at 2017-Dec-21 18:45:46 (2017-Dec-21 10:45:46 local time)
Edited by brandobot

The part I redacted was the IP, not the hostname. But yes, it can reach both short name, fqdn, and IP.

Just for clarification, this is what it looks like. (I changed the IP). Is was pointing to an IP,  not a hostname.)

Scope Time Text
Last replication 2017-Dec-21 18:45:46 Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "10.12.190.32" port: 2222' failed with: Network is unreachable
Edited by brandobot

• 1 month later...

Still an issue. I was provided with a Beta version of the remote administrator app, version 6.5.376.30 that supposedly provided a fix for this issue. (was told it was a database issue) .

Attaching screenshots of the endpoint being online and able to reach the ESET remote administrator server, but has not shown checked in in over 10 days.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 10.23.14 AM.png

Edited by brandobot