ESET Doesn't Respect Affiliates

ep2012

So I've been using ESET for around 2 years now & for me to pay for anti virus software means a lot.

I have had issues with the software on my phone mainly, & sometimes with my computer, but I've stuck with ESET as I tend to be a loyal person.

What irks me more than anything, is when arrogant companies REFUSE small affiliates when they try to sign up for their affiliate program & just automatically deny them.

Back in January of 2017 I reached out to them via CJ because I think I was automatically denied. No response.

I then tried to reach out to ESET directly.

During that time my CJ account had been deactivated because that's what CJ does when you don't make any money.

It got reactivated fairly quickly, but it took them until APRIL to contact me. 

The guy  Aaron Sheinbein Digital Marketing Team Lead didn't even know why I was e-mailing. WOW, then acted like all was fine & it's no big DEAL that it took him 4 months to get back to me. He says the people at ESET didn't even know what an affiliate program was LOL 

How well run can a company be when a customer contacts them & it takes them 4 months to figure out what an affiliate program is.

He then said that I was declined due to quality or topics or something on my sites. I run small blogs. I ADMIT they aren't top notch high volume designed sites that would cost people a lot of money to create, but so what. A sale is a SALE!

Being that I have about 23 sites, I said fine, just tell me which sites you don't want to me to advertise on, & I won't. 

I NEVER heard back from him.

Their whole behavior towards me as an affiliate is disrespectful. Not to mention I'm a customer.

I'm bringing this up now because I was about to recommend ESET to someone, but then I remembered how I was treated & I won't.

For me yes it's due to the fact that I feel I should be given credit when referring a company who has an affiliate program, but it's ALSO due to being ignored 2-3 times now.

• ESET Moderators

I am connecting with those responsible for this program (the person you named is no longer with ESET and this program is handled by others now). 

3 hours ago, foneil said:

I am connecting with those responsible for this program (the person you named is no longer with ESET and this program is handled by others now). 

Ok, well can you give me their e-mail address then please.

Thanks

• ESET Moderators

We’re sorry for your experience with the Affiliate Program. We continually make changes to improve the administration and customer experience and we’re hoping that the changes to the processes we’ve implemented will help partners like you now and going forward. 

First, for other users that don’t know, the ESET Affiliate program is an ESET North America program that allows you to make money from your website for marketing ESET products. More information can be found on the ESET Affiliate web page: https://www.eset.com/us/business/partner/online-affiliates/

For your issue @ep2012, the default policy is set to automatically deny the application for every new member to the Commission Junction platform. This is by design. One of the changes we’ve made to the process is to allow new users to contact us directly via Commission Junction and we are committed to a 24-48 hour response time for such requests. 

We’ll look to address this in our content as well to make this more clear. 

7 minutes ago, foneil said:

We’re sorry for your experience with the Affiliate Program. We continually make changes to improve the administration and customer experience and we’re hoping that the changes to the processes we’ve implemented will help partners like you now and going forward. 

First, for other users that don’t know, the ESET Affiliate program is an ESET North America program that allows you to make money from your website for marketing ESET products. More information can be found on the ESET Affiliate web page: https://www.eset.com/us/business/partner/online-affiliates/

For your issue @ep2012, the default policy is set to automatically deny the application for every new member to the Commission Junction platform. This is by design. One of the changes we’ve made to the process is to allow new users to contact us directly via Commission Junction and we are committed to a 24-48 hour response time for such requests. 

We’ll look to address this in our content as well to make this more clear. 

I'm NOT new to CJ. I've been with them for at least 10-15 years, so I don't know what you are talking about & I did contact you guys via CJ.

I just PMed you again over there. 

Thank you