Windows 10 task manager doesn't show network activity

After updating ESET Internet Security to version 11.0.159.0 Windows 10 task manager stopped showing network activity in Processes tab. Is it a bug of ESET Internet Security or can this issue be fixed somehow? Windows 10 version is 1709.

I uninstalled ESET and network activity was shown again. When I reinstalled it network activity was shown until reboot. After that it disappeared. Network activity is shown on Performance tab but not on Processes tab.

I've found this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-task-manager-not-showing-network-usage/5361cdf8-9ee5-4c9c-8728-6c0eda9956d6) in which some people suggest it's the problem with security or networking software.

Network activity on the Processes tab in the Network column is shown in Win 10 1709 using EIS 11.0.159.0.

The problem is the percentage used by a given process in relation to all shown processes is very small and only is shown for a short period of time on a high speed Ethernet connection; mine is 1000K bps. With your browser open, surf to different web pages and you should see like percentage like .1 appear and then disappear for the browser .exe shown. 

Edited by itman

Sorry for repeating myself but network activity is shown when ESET is uninstalled. When I download a file in browser it shows almost 100% and 100 Mbps for it. When ESET is installed task manager shows 0% and 0 Mbps when downloading.

15 minutes ago, user02 said:

Sorry for repeating myself but network activity is shown when ESET is uninstalled. When I download a file in browser it shows almost 100% and 100 Mbps for it. When ESET is installed task manager shows 0% and 0 Mbps when downloading.

Well, it shows network activity on my PC build. What type of network connection are you using; Ethernet or Wi-Fi? I am using Ethernet.

Edited by itman

I don't know what was the problem, but after the second reboot network activity is being shown.

Edited by user02

After some reboots network activity is shown but not after others. Looks like difficult to reproduce bug in EIS. When it is uninstalled network activity is shown after all reboots.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/12/2017 at 2:22 AM, user02 said:

After updating ESET Internet Security to version 11.0.159.0 Windows 10 task manager stopped showing network activity in Processes tab. Is it a bug of ESET Internet Security or can this issue be fixed somehow? Windows 10 version is 1709.

What's your hardware. I was having this issue but it was not Eset, it was the Killer Control Center interface and service. My motherboard has 2 network nics, one Intel, one Killer, the killer service is designed to give you control over what programs access internet and rank them, that disables the Network tab in task manager showing you always 0, I removed it and voila! it's back.

Try to chech your hardware, some motherboard manufacturers also include tools like this, I have a Gigabyte and disabled all of it apps to, just to be sure. 

Edited by MasterTB