Major HIPS Issue

• ESET Insiders
9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you have a custom rule for hosts created that would override asking you about an action?

I have no rule for the hosts file, furthermore I've just tested with a complete fresh uninstall/reinstall of EIS and Smart mode still doesn't trigger for writes to the hosts file.
If I create a rule for write access to the hosts file then this is being successfully triggered.
How can I troubleshoot the issues I'm having with HIPS?

Win 7x64, EIS 11.0.159.0

• ESET Insiders
On 1/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, stackz said:

I have no rule for the hosts file, furthermore I've just tested with a complete fresh uninstall/reinstall of EIS and Smart mode still doesn't trigger for writes to the hosts file.
If I create a rule for write access to the hosts file then this is being successfully triggered.
How can I troubleshoot the issues I'm having with HIPS?

Win 7x64, EIS 11.0.159.0

Does anyone have any ideas? I submitted a support request to ESET customer service but so far this has been met with deafening silence.

You will not get any alert for hosts  cuz you are changing it manully! if smth want to modify the hosts then hips will show you an alert!(Itman showed you)

Edited by persian-boy

• ESET Insiders

An ask or deny rule for Direct access to disk is never triggered. It used to alert when overwriting the MBR etc, but not anymore.

Edited by stackz
clarification