Server not found error

Charles Emerson

G'day, just recently I started have problems with NOD 32 in that when it tries to up date I get a server not found error. This has only happened recently just after my broadband was updated and when windows did the feature update. Each time the machine is turned off for the night then back on in the morning NOD 32 starts but then I get the Server not found error. Internet connections are normal. I've checked the windows fire wall and it all seems normal though from time to time the ESET pathway seems to be missing. I've checked the proxy server selection but it seems okay. 

I'm running Windows 10 Home 54bit, version 1709, OS build 10299.125. NOD 32 is product 10.1.235.0       To get NOD 32 back I have to use the repair function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Charles Emerson

• Administrators

Please collect logs with ESET Log Collector and drop me a message with the generated archive attached. Make sure that:
- You use default update settings.
- If you connect through a proxy server, make sure it's configured in the advanced setup -> tools -> proxy server. If you don't use any, make sure it's disabled.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, lockwood said:

I'm having this exact same issue!  No proxy server and am using default update settings.

Please collect logs with ELC and drop me a message with the generated archive attached.

On 12/24/2017 at 11:29 AM, Marcos said:

Please collect logs with ELC and drop me a message with the generated archive attached.

I messaged you the logs, please let me know your findings.  Thanks.

• Administrators

See https://www.howtogeek.com/104278/how-to-use-wireshark-to-capture-filter-and-inspect-packets/ for instance. All you need to do is select the correct network interface and start logging. Then manually run update and after the error "Server not found" appears, stop logging and save the log.