"Your license file does not contain a Username or Password."

Cousin Vinny

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TheSkymanDC said:

Marcos - Please describe "fixed automatically".  Do we still have to deactivate - reboot - activate? 

This should not be needed because a license file has been re-downloaded by EPv6.6 users and therefore the issues discussed in this topic should not manifest any more.

You can check if the values Username and Password exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Settings.

I am found that some clients has been fixed this morning, but they are problem again after updated to 16636,

Before 03:00 GMT, the registry have username and password values, but now it is gone.

May be the activate task rewrited the registry.

Edited by Alex Yan

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

This should not be needed because a license file has been re-downloaded by EPv6.6 users and therefore the issues discussed in this topic should not manifest any more.

You can check if the values Username and Password exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Settings.

Hi Marcos

Just upgraded clients to 6.6.2068 and all are suffering from this issue.  Just checked and there are no Username/Password values in the registry settings.

• Administrators

How much time has elapsed since you've upgraded to EP6.6 and the issue occurred? Did you also reboot the computers to enforce requesting of a license key?

Hi guys,

We are Gold Partner of ESET in Chile and so far we have two customers affected by this bug. They're using 6.6.2068 version and one of them can't update because there's no User name or Password in license file. Also both customers report that many of their computers can't access ESET Live Grid because the credentials used are wrong.

Do we need to deactivate and reactive computers in order to fix this issue or will be this fixed automatically?

Thank you.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Lockbits said:

Do we need to deactivate and reactive computers in order to fix this issue or will be this fixed automatically?

This should work but shouldn't be needed since we have enforced clients to re-download a license file. If the upgrade of Endpoint to any v6.6 was carried out in less than 24 hours, restarting the computers should enforce them to re-download it and subsequently insert the username and password to the registry. If the issue hasn't been resolved automatically within 24 hours after the upgrade and restarting the computers has no effect, please drop me a message with the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId from such computer so that we can check it out.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

How much time has elapsed since you've upgraded to EP6.6 and the issue occurred? Did you also reboot the computers to enforce requesting of a license key?

17-18 hours since the upgrade.  Rebooted after the upgrade and again just now.  Just messaged you with the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId

Thanks

Edited by satellite360

Hello, I as well have this problem, We have 185 computers with eset and 27 have this same error.

After restart the modules updated once and then again we got the same error. 

Edited by Niksanina

On 27/12/2017 at 2:01 PM, Marcos said:

If the issue hasn't been resolved automatically within 24 hours after the upgrade and restarting the computers has no effect, please drop me a message with the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId from such computer so that we can check it out.

Hi Marcos,

Message sent. Problem still persist in one customer.

Thank you.

Good Morning

and happy new year.  

Here the same problem. The "Automatic fix" didn't work. 

Still several machines with no access to livegrid, modules update failed, your licence file does not contain a Username or Password ect. 

Also it didn't helped to deactivate the Licence in ELA and ERA and reactivating it. Any ideas?? 

Thank you 

Edited by Schlumpf123

Same issue here for the majority of machines I've upgraded to 6.6.2068.  So far I haven't found a way to roll these machines back to the previous version without doing the removal tool in safe mode (uninstallation fails normally), which doesn't help with a couple hundred machines.  Activation tasks fail on all affected machines.  I can remove a license from these machines from the web console, however they still display as currently having an active license in the web console.

• Administrators
Just now, Jboring said:

Same issue here for the majority of machines I've upgraded to 6.6.2068.  So far I haven't found a way to roll these machines back to the previous version without doing the removal tool in safe mode (uninstallation fails normally), which doesn't help with a couple hundred machines.  Activation tasks fail on all affected machines.  I can remove a license from these machines from the web console, however they still display as currently having an active license in the web console.

Please provide me with your public license ID. Also make sure that those machines were not activated with an offline license file which is intended only for computers that never connect to the Internet.

I haven't used any offline license files yet.  The affected machines are on a license with public ID of 3AB-6JS-RPN.  With the upgrade to ESET 6, our licensing apparently needed to be modified in some fashion, so as of today I've been moving everything to the new licenses. Maybe something is up with the old license?.  The majority of the 6.6.2068 machines are stuck on the old license (3AB-6JS-RPN) , however the few unaffected 6.2068 machines took the new license and are working without any issues. 

And now I have a computer that changes its mind.  Sometimes it says Not Activated.  Sometimes it says Could Not Connect to Server.  Sometimes it says LiveGrid is Not Accessible.  Sometimes it's fine.

Guess it's time for a complete uninstall - re-install.

What a pain.

Only about 10 more computers to fix.

Yipeee!

Edited by TheSkymanDC

I just upgraded some computers to 6.6.2068 and have this same problem with a bunch of them.  It has been less than 24 hours since upgrading but after a couple reboots they still have issues.  This page: https://support.eset.com/kb6636/ mentions a server-side update but doesn't give a link to download the update - any idea how to get it?

On one of the affected machines I deactivated the license via https://ela.eset.com, rebooted the machine, then sent an activation task.  The task was listed as Planned:Yes, Status: Finished for about 30 minutes but now has changed to Planned:No, Status: Finished but with a Last Status time of last June when it was previously upgraded.  The client still shows errors.  The RA console shows the machine with a green status tick, modules updated etc.

I went to the machine itself and manually tried activating but got the same "I want to purchase license" message.  Then I tried doing a manual update.  That was 20 minutes ago.  It's still showing "Updating product..."

Am I going to have to do a manual safe mode uninstall on these machines?  This thread was started weeks ago, why hasn't this broken upgrade been pulled from production?

Edited by Gamtat

On 12/28/2017 at 9:33 AM, satellite360 said:

17-18 hours since the upgrade.  Rebooted after the upgrade and again just now.  Just messaged you with the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId

Thanks

I've sent in both web seat ids and public license id but the problem persists - any news on getting this fixed?

Thanks

• Administrators

We have found out that the issue should now concern only those who upgraded from an older Endpoint 6.6 to a newer one (latest) version of Endpoint after Dec 21-23 (depends on when the license key for a given license was re-generated on our servers). Within one or two hours we will start enforcing a license key to users with Endpoint v6.6.2068.* installed which will should definitely fix the issue.

Towards the end of this month we are going to release a new build of Endpoint 6.6 which will prevent these activation issues from occurring after future upgrades.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

This morning before reading this thread I deactivated another client on the ELA site then attempted to activate the license manually.  ELA was immediately updated with the date of this new activation, the "activation from ERA" for that client was gone and the "status" was listed with a green tick "Everything is OK".  The client shows a window with a progress bar saying "Verifying License Key, This may take a few moments" which doesn't go away.  I can close it, reboot and the client is still not activated.

Is there anything we should be doing to prepare for the fix that's coming?

• Administrators

The process of re-generating license keys for clients with Endpoint 6.6.2068 should complete within 1-2 hours. More than a half of the license keys have already been re-generated so it's likely that your license is already among them. Such clients should re-activate automatically without your intervention.

Those who have experienced the issue, I wonder if you could confirm that you upgraded and older Endpoint 6.6 to the latest version sometimes after Dec 21-23 and not before that date. Should the problem persist, please provide the seat ID from the troublesome computer ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId).

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Axoft said:

Rolling back to 6.5, where can i get version 6.5.2094.0 or similar download link?

I could do that but I think it'd cause more hassles if you had to uninstall EP6.6, reboot the computer and install EP6.5 than if you wait for the process of re-generation of license files to complete which should be in 1-2 hours. It's also likely that your license is among those for which a license key was already re-generated and the clients are now activated and updating fine.

Did you upgrade to the latest Endpoint 6.6.2068 after Dec 21-23 from an older version of Endpoint 6.6? You can provide me with some of the troublesome seat IDs so that I can check if they have already re-downloaded a new license file.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Should the problem persist, please provide the seat ID from the troublesome computer ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId).

Can you check 41bf2a39-1e0e-4dd6-a1d3-315bc6892267 please.