"Your license file does not contain a Username or Password."

Cousin Vinny

I just updated endpoint security from 6.6.2064 to 6.6.2068 on a few Windows 7 test machines via ERAv6 and one of them came back with the error in ERA stating "ESET LiveGrid® is not accessible".  Checking the host, the ESET console was showing an error that the credentials were incorrect.  I ran a second install thinking the first may have aborted prematurely and am now greeted with this error shown in the attached screenshot:  "Modules update failed  Your license file does not contain a Username or Password.  You can update only from an update mirror."

It only happened on one test machine and I am unable to uninstall or revert the product either via ERA or logged directly onto the box.

I do not have physical access to reboot the thing in safe mode in order to run the manual uninstaller.

Any solutions?

Untitled-1.png

Edited by Cousin Vinny
spelling

• Administrators

If this computer has access to the Internet, it must not be activated with an offline license file. Make sure to activate with with the license key or as a security admin.

I performed the software update the same way I have since deploying v6 in 2015 - remotely via ERA.

I do not have physical access to reboot the thing in safe mode in order to run the manual uninstaller.

Edited by Cousin Vinny

Same problem with one test PC running Windows 10 after remote update ESET Endpoint Antivirus from 6.6.2064 to 6.6.2068. 

PC's getting updates from cache proxy on ERA server (version 6.5.522.0) and activation usually works fine, when I'm running "Product activation" task on ERA server.

Edited by av-user

Add me to the list of folks that have this problem.  A couple of dozen computers show this error after upgrade via ERA.

Client task activation made no change.

An easy fix would be greatly appreciated.

Attempted to run a software activation client task and it never executes on the problem box.

Odd behavior I did notice is that once the software install task status indicated completion on all hosts and I sent a reboot, after these machines came back up the task status reverted to show at least half of them still being in progress and never changing again after that.

1. Deactivate via ELA.

2. Activation task from ERA never finishes.

I am able to manually activate from the workstation.  That's going to be painful.

Edited by TheSkymanDC

Nope.  Not on this one.  I think the Activation task is confused on the server.  It's stuck on running.

I've just successfully tested the ELA deactivate - reboot - ERA activate on a different workstation.  That one worked fine.

eset needs to quickly give use a better solution.

And here's a new twist.

Was able to deactivate via ELA.

I am unable to reactivate.  The install task from yesterday says it's still running and the activate task from ERA will not run. 

When I try to activate manually I click on "Activate this product" - it just gives me a window that says "I want to purchase a new license".

esetproblem1.thumb.png.0ecdfd9dd0d958e887af42ff9fdd0af7.png

Something is pretty wacky with this update.  Just deployed it to 30 machines via ERA as usual.  Thee of them do not show a security product version number in ERA with the task completed.  One of the installs has been hung for about an hour and one of them, after having been completed for around 30 minutes, is suddenly reporting that the task failed.

edit:

I just rebooted one of the machines that wasn't showing a security product version number in ERA.  Seems to be running fine; doesn't show any functionality problems and now it shows the version in ERA.  However - this host is now magically showing as 'running' in the software install task that had already completed.

edit edit:

Aaaaand right after I clicked Save and looked over, I see the failed status for this task has suddenly jumped from 1 to 5 hosts... well after the installs were all completed.

Edited by Cousin Vinny
update

15 hours ago, TheSkymanDC said:

The install task from yesterday says it's still running and the activate task from ERA will not run. 

This problem happens sometimes for me. Installation of EEA has been ended on PC, but task status didn't changed to "finished".

And anticipating the always good to hear response of "you'll have to uninstall then reinstall" I've been sitting on this screen for the past 15 minutes.

* That ended up pretty small - it says "Preparing Uninstallation"

1220-3.png.5142338286a5b3f2ec83c29ae59205b7.png

Edited by TheSkymanDC

Same problem here. Having to uninstall via the command line uninstaller tool and then reinstall manually. Afterwards the license server shows duplicate entries for the same machine. I'm avoiding this update on any further machines. There's something seriously wrong with it.