Can't add licence to myeset licence manager?

Xandros

I logged into myEset just now and noticed a licence manager link so, naturally followed it and clicked add licence, put in my key and it just keeps coming up with " Sorry for the inconvenience, there was an error processing your request. "

I've tried doing it with and without dashes in the licence. Checked and double checked the licence key and it still won't let me add it. Is the website broken or something?

12 hours ago, Xandros said:

I logged into myEset just now and noticed a licence manager link so, naturally followed it and clicked add licence, put in my key and it just keeps coming up with " Sorry for the inconvenience, there was an error processing your request. "

I've tried doing it with and without dashes in the licence. Checked and double checked the licence key and it still won't let me add it. Is the website broken or something?

Hi, have you checked with your local distributor regarding you license?

• Most Valued Members
On 18/12/2017 at 3:07 AM, Xandros said:

Checked and double checked the licence key and it still won't let me add it. Is the website broken or something?

I just added my license key today for the first time (copy and paste, with dashes) without an issue, so I wouldn't say that the website is broken.

As @khairulaizat92 mentioned, if it continues not to work, contact where you purchased your ESET license from so they can verify your license.

• Most Valued Members
39 minutes ago, Xandros said:

I bought my licence directly from Eset.com last year and have been using it ever since.

In that case I would contact ESET Support directly and ask why your license isn't able to be added to the License Manager. If you purchased from the US or Canada, there is a live chat option. Otherwise, you may be able to find a phone number depending on the country you've purchased from on the ESET website. The last resort is using the contact form to receive support via email.

Alternatively, someone from ESET may be able to help you out on here shortly. (re: @Marcos)

Edited by planet

15 hours ago, Xandros said:

I bought my licence directly from Eset.com last year and have been using it ever since.

which eset.com actually? as they always have eset.com/us for US, eset.com/my for Malaysia and many others different country page. You might want to check with them first

I bought it on the UK region of the site. I've just tried putting the code in again and it still giving me that error, I suppose I'll have to email support about it then.

I'm not overly bothered by not being able to put my licence in, it's just I had an odd problem a few months ago when I formatted my computer and reinstalled NOD32 and it named my device with an appended "-1" on it and I posted asking about it and if I could manage my devices somewhere (as at the time there was only the business licence manager which I couldn't use as a home user). An admin on here informed me that the licence manager was being introduced to myeset, so I presumed I'd be able to manage the devices associated with it there.

• Most Valued Members

Contacting ESET UK support about it would be beneficial.

Even if it's not too much of a concern, it could help either the myESET team or the ESET UK team figure out the cause for your license not being accepted so they can either resolve it for you, or potentially resolve it for other ESET UK users, depending on which side the issue lies on.

As a side note I have also noticed "-1" when re-activating on the same device, however when viewing it on the License Manager, it seems to automatically take over or overwrite the existing activation of the same device, which is useful to see.

Hopefully they will be able to let you know the reason or cause, and if you like, let us know on here as well.

Edited by planet