Eset Smart Security - does not detect many viruses :(

Eset Smart Security - does not detect a lot viruses (while scanning disks)
I'm disappointed ESET effectiveness ;-(
I installed Malwarebytes and found 62 dangerous viruses.
I removed the viruses and do not have at the moment computer problems.

Example Malwarebytes:

PUP.Funshion
PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
Trojan.Agent.SX4
PUP.Optional.OneClickDownloader.A
Trojan.Downloader
Trojan.Winload

Edited by Makinero

• Administrators

You've mentioned a lot of PUP (potentially unwanted programs). Note that PUPs are not malware by any means and each vendor may have its own criteria for PUP/PUA detections. Also it could be that you have PUA detection disabled in ESET.

As for the other files (Trojans), unfortunately you didn't provide their MD5/SHA1 hashes so we cannot verify whether they are actual malware, corrupted or benign files or registry values (ESET doesn't check the registry unless malware is being cleaned). Please submit MBAM's quarantine to ESET for analysis as per the instructions here.

Example:

PUP - damages the Chrome settings, remove the extension,

Pages load very long time, problems with DNS and others.

I have ENABLED:
Detection of potentially dangerous software!

Edited by Makinero

• Administrators

Again, potentially unwanted or unsafe applications are not malicious at all and do not pose any security risk to users. Please carry on as advised before and submit the content of MBAM's quarantine to ESET so that we can check them and add detection if it actually turns out to be malware. I assume that most of the mentioned detections are not subject to detection.

Thank you ANSWER.

Sorry, cease to use from ESS.

Test: Removability proved to be the final nail in the coffin of other programs. It was she who led the famous producer of the product so as ESET was on the end of the table. Bad rating is a result of only 73 percent efficiency.

The big loser of this match is ESET. In this round of laboratory tests had a few mishaps in the detection and very low removal efficiency. It is a pity because it's convenient (the highest rating for service), and a user-friendly program. The huge advantage is very little load on your computer, which is confirmed by regular tests in a German laboratory.

Edited by Makinero

Makinero you have a lack of virus knowledge and experience. Its not a good trait to be majorly influenced by what your just reading around without looking into the matter yourself.

It also seems your decision not to use ESET was made up before arrival. Why post then? Although your welcome to anytime...

Malwarebytes is not an anti virus protection.

Its a supplement.

Major destructive trojans and viruses will rip through your machine like a knife through butter if thats all your going to use.

Your definition of PUP is incorrect.

I highly disagree that mbam could potentially find more threats then nod32 or catch the obfuscated ones, provided all the options are turned on, PUP(potentially unwanted programs) & PUA(potentially unsafe apps).

It seems you dont realize that some PUPs are just a toolbar in a browser.

As Marcos stated, they are not harmful.

Chrome in my opinion is not the best browser to use as its a high target.

Edited by Arakasi

Oh & although malwarebytes may find a lot others dont.... it likes to scan all of the registry and it will remove and catch even benign keys or remnants not even being used anymore. Which i like sometimes...

Thank you ANSWER.

Sorry, cease to use from ESS.

Test: Removability proved to be the final nail in the coffin of other programs. It was she who led the famous producer of the product so as ESET was on the end of the table. Bad rating is a result of only 73 percent efficiency.

The big loser of this match is ESET. In this round of laboratory tests had a few mishaps in the detection and very low removal efficiency. It is a pity because it's convenient (the highest rating for service), and a user-friendly program. The huge advantage is very little load on your computer, which is confirmed by regular tests in a German laboratory.

Why post quotes without a link to the source?

To continue what Arakasi said, if I were to believe what others may wright or think about ESET, or trust every test blindly then I would have stopped using ESET a long long time ago. I have my own opinion about ESET and that's why I use it. 

Edited by SweX

• 3 months later...

This makinnero thinks its a virus that may have attacked his pc without detection from Eset . But its not the case, It may have been some pua/pua's which may be slowing or slagging down his Pc, and he thinks it is a virus. But where as pup/pua's is concerned, they do not pose any threats to users although it slags the comp/browser. So many people who do not have much knowledge or expereince may think its a virus and blame Eset. I would simply recommend Eset to develop some kind of anti pup/pua's programme within eset which can detect all types of latest malware/pup/pu'a's/whatever it may be, so in-expereinced/old/small/expereinced(or whoever) user have no kind problem with anything or such kind of slow downs and pc slags.

Thanks..

I would simply recommend Eset to develop some kind of anti pup/pua's programme within eset which can detect all types of latest malware/pup/pu'a's/whatever it may be, so in-expereinced/old/small/expereinced(or whoever) user have no kind problem with anything or such kind of slow downs and pc slags.

Thanks..

Funny you say that.... :D  ESET is in the top2 in the industry for detecting PUA's and PUP's. There is already categories in the product that users can enable if they want PUA's to be detected.

I must ask, have you ever had ESET software installed?