New module?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I think this module is shown for the first time today when I right click "about":

Soforteinsatz-Modul: 3329 (20131121)

What is the purpose of that module?

Edited by User

• Administrators
  • Solution

It's not actually a new module, it's just that it's now displayed in the About window. The module serves for rapid blacklisting of dangerous websites.

I think this module is shown for the first time today when I right click "about":

Soforteinsatz-Modul: 3329 (20131121)

What is the purpose of that module?

“Soforteinsatz-Modul ”= “rapid response module”????

“Soforteinsatz-Modul ”= “rapid response module”???

Yes.

Soforteinsatz-Modul : German

Rapid response module: English

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the module is utilized by Web and e-mail protection as far as this attack vector is really widespread and we need to respond to these new threats rapidly.

From this also comes it's name. 

So there are no special settings that you need to adjust.

• ESET Insiders

How does one interface with this new module, if any ?   Rapid Response module: 3361 (20131128)  

From hxxp://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/#anti-phishing

and hxxp://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/#livegrid

The <*>  database is updated by ESET regularly (users’ computers receive data about new <*> threats every 20 minutes) and this database includes information from our partners as well.

Such Rapid Response database would be a complement to Reputation System

This reputation system allows for effective detection of malware samples even before their signatures are delivered to user’s computer in via updated virus database (which happens several times a day).
Edited by toxinon12345

Noting new Rapid Response Module increment changes: Rapid Response module: 3366 (20131128) 

I don't understand what the last reply to my query is supposed to really mean. Some bits elude that the new module is reputation based ?
if so to what end ? Against a blacklist and whitelist at ESET's Virus labs, I would assume.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

The Rapid Response module doesn't have any settings which are user-configurable.  Basically, you can think of it like a service or daemon that runs in the background and receives push notifications.  In this case, those notifications would be about malicious domains that need to be blocked by the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky