FYI - EIS Affected Two App Dnloads-Installs Today

I very rarely have DIS-abled EIS for App downloads ( even Win Update ) but today EIS affected my 2017 Income Tax App download (failed to Install re: "Sharing Violation accessing  C:\ ...1040_FedPrint.dll" - and - a small utility app (https://Unchecky.com) installed in Program Files (x86).

After I Disabled EIS Protection + FW and Re-Dnloaded, the Installs went without issue. Uninstall for the incomplete Tax App install failed, but the EIS-OFF New Dnload Installed Over the old "partial install" fine.

Do most of you now Disable EIS when Dnloading Apps?

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, COStark26 said:

I very rarely have DIS-abled EIS for App downloads ( even Win Update ) but today EIS affected my 2017 Income Tax App download (failed to Install re: "Sharing Violation accessing  C:\ ...1040_FedPrint.dll" - and - a small utility app (https://Unchecky.com) installed in Program Files (x86).

After I Disabled EIS Protection + FW and Re-Dnloaded, the Installs went without issue. Uninstall for the incomplete Tax App install failed, but the EIS-OFF New Dnload Installed Over the old "partial install" fine.

I never disable EIS for anything. If it doesn't like it there has to be a reason as far as I'm concerned, unless it's a FP which is very rare. I trust EIS to be smarter then me about such things.

To be safe I'd suggest that you do an "In-Depth" scan of your computer.

Edited by SCR
correction

1 hour ago, SCR said:

I never disable EIS for anything. If it doesn't like it there has to be a reason as far as I'm concerned, unless it's a FP which is very rare. I trust EIS to be smarter then me about such things.

To be safe I'd suggest that you do an "In-Depth" scan of your computer.

Same here as far as disabling :o any ESET A/V.

Taxes? That's why I have an accountant!:P

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, COStark26 said:

Would adding it as an exception not work? Sounds like they are puas

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

Was the file detected? If so, please report it to samples[at]eset.com.

No EIS Popups. Just a popup during attempted installs of either app.

"Not a suitable Win32 app" for Unchecky (partial download, apparently), and the Sharing violation from my starting post #1.

In EVENTS part of Log File at exactly 7 am and 8 am (same day Dec 10)  I have red bars: -- Update Module  -- "Failed to Rename File ---    User: System.---   Presume that's about Virus Signature database. Cleared cache and clk'd Chk Updates. All appears OK.

The Unchecky dnload/install problem was a few hours earlier. Tax app hours later.

I'll disable during Dnload only for awhile and see how things go, although the Win Update I did Just recently had no problems with EIS.

SCR, Thanks. 12/6 In-Depth Scan OK and Running One NOW (Was OK).

Thanks for the Replies!

Edited by COStark26