What Years do Versions 9, 10, 11 Correspond to?

TheOne

Hello,

I see there are ESET NOD32 version 9, 10, 11 and also see there are ESET NOD32 2016, 2017, 2018

I want to know the difference. Could it be that they are all the same, except that each version has its alternative year or something?

For example, I have ESET NOD32 version 10.1.235 so does it mean it has alternative name like 2016 or 2017?

Thanks.

• Administrators

The years in the version number were just for the marketing purposes in some countries. In Slovakia we never named them version 2015, 2016, etc. but we've always used the internal number (v9, v10, v11,...) for reference.  Consumer products are now provided more like as a service than a product with a new version released each year. It's similar to Windows OS; in the past Microsoft had Windows 95, 98, Windows XP, etc. and now has Windows 10 with regular updates and bigger OS updates at times, such as the last Falls Creator Update.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

The years in the version number were just for the marketing purposes in some countries. In Slovakia we never named them version 2015, 2016, etc. but we've always used the internal number (v9, v10, v11,...) for reference.  Consumer products are now provided more like as a service than a product with a new version released each year. It's similar to Windows OS; in the past Microsoft had Windows 95, 98, Windows XP, etc. and now has Windows 10 with regular updates and bigger OS updates at times, such as the last Falls Creator Update.

Does that mean there wont be a 12 and like windows it will be like 11.1, 11.2 etc. Also if your trying to now avoid a version number could this be harder when identifying the users version as i noticed it isnt displayed at the top in the homepage now (obiously its in the update area just isnt as clear now)

• Administrators

We will continue to use version numbers but they will be used rather for internal identification of products than being used in marketing and sale.