Mac OS outdated operating system

In ERA console I can see that some of mac user has outdated OS, but when I launch app store, I can see that there are only some minor useless updates like iMovie, Keynote or GarageBand.
Is there any chance that Eset will consider OS outdated only in case of major or security updates?

On 12/8/2017 at 10:19 PM, MichalJ said:

We will have to check, whether the OS X Api, that is being used by ERA agent, to trigger OS update, will allow something like that. 

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 10:19 PM, MichalJ said:

We will have to check, whether the OS X Api, that is being used by ERA agent, to trigger OS update, will allow something like that. 

Any news?

• ESET Staff

We have made some preliminary tests and it seems API we are using does not provide such information. Currently there are only two flags with each updatable application: one indicates whether update is "recommended" and second one whether restart will be required.

This can be seen in output of command:

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate -l 2> /dev/null

which provides the same list, as is available for ERA agent installed on the same system. Seems that all system applications, including Safari or iTunes are marked as "recommended". Also there does not seems to by any other flag indicating security updates.