Win 10 Fall Creators Update causes NOD32 slow start

BobU

I am 100% sure. Power user since 1986 and beta tester for many products:

This bar does not exist on my product. But as you can see, I do have an AntiSpam folder on my server. So something is funky, no?

~Bob

nod32.JPG

From what I hear you saying, this product should have never touched my IMAP server and created that folder, yes? If so, what is the fix?

• Most Valued Members

Certainly seems that way @BobU :wacko:

I assume that the antispam folder is created by outlook when it is launched with the antispam feature enabled within EIS or ESSP and with NOD32 not actually having that plugin as part of the suite it seems bizarre that it has been created in the first place.

Does your Outlook have the plugin tab showing like this ???

outlook.jpg

It does, but let me show you.

I think a bug has been found perhaps.

This is all new as of a day or two ago. I think 1 started the issue.

menu2.JPG

• Most Valued Members

@BobU

On last windows update KB4051963 on 30/11 i did notice that there was a new process launched by my office suite , even although there was not an update to OFFICE or OUTLOOK itself. Might be worth your while raising a support ticket via the ESET GUI to see if there is a known issue (like yours) or this has happened since this update and your v11 install.

newrp1.jpg

• Most Valued Members

@BobU

Might be worth noting before raising a ticket ...........

Also noticed on this thread created on 04/12 by ESET themself states that version 11.0.154.0 has been released that fixes a problem with the previous version of the OFFLINE installer that "installs the wrong product". It does state that it affected "ESET internet security" , but may also be why your install has became a little buggy ???

forum.eset.com/topic/13979-eset-windows-home-products-version-1101540-have-been-released/

Maybe worth uninstalling your existing version of NOD32 , then going into outlook and manually removing the ESET antispam folder manually , then closing outlook and reinstalling your new version 11.0.154.0 and seeing if the anti spam folder appears again when you launch outlook for the first time ??. 

Edited by cyberhash

Good idea, but no good. I uninstalled. Deleted the ESET AntiSPam folder on the server. Rebooted. Installed .154. Took a minute for it to recreate the AntiSpam folder on my server.

• Most Valued Members

@BobU

Bah was hoping that would have solved your problem as that bug in the offline installer looked very much like the culprit by installing a feature(antispam) that's not actually part of NOD32. Maybe your best route would be to contact @Marcos via private message and give him a note of your support ticket number and he can marry it up with this thread you have posted and see how it goes from there.

Edited by cyberhash

Well, Est agrees this should not have happened but have not provided either a fix nor a timeline for an update that will correct this. Not the most responsive Tech Support I have ever dealt with. I'm surprised.

• Most Valued Members
16 minutes ago, BobU said:

Well, Est agrees this should not have happened but have not provided either a fix nor a timeline for an update that will correct this. Not the most responsive Tech Support I have ever dealt with. I'm surprised.

Things like this are generally resolved very quickly @BobU . Not issuing a timescale is pretty much the industry standard when fixing smaller(non security) bugs like this, as something could come along that requires a faster resolution as it might actually pose a threat to security itself which is a more urgent matter.

Had a call with a great tech at ESET this morning. Tried the major uninstall  / reinstall in safe mode and problem(s) came right back. Escalated to top tier tech support, another great experience. Nice being understood and not talked down to (think Comcast :)

We did what I di on his test system and replicated the issues. Whoever thought it has remants of another product in the NOD 32 installer is likely right.

Now escalated to the programmers.

Will report...