ESET remote Administrator not communicating with Endpoint Security

Hi guys,

My ESET remote Administrator is not communicating with Endpoint Security clients. I hope there is a quick fix out there. 

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Disabled the firewall of the ESET Endpoint Security client on the PC that the ERA server is installed and all the client machines are connecting now. Our Meraki firewall protects the computers on the network from outside attacks, but I'm not sure this is the correct solution to the problem.

Edited by ScottWStewart
Updated, troubleshooting

• Administrators

Unfortunately, you didn't mention what version of ERA and Endpoint you use. While Endpoint v5 communicates with ERA v5 directly,  as of ERA v6 it's the ERA Agent which communicates with ERA Server.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately, you didn't mention what version of ERA and Endpoint you use. While Endpoint v5 communicates with ERA v5 directly,  as of ERA v6 it's the ERA Agent which communicates with ERA Server.

Sorry, here you go:

ESET EndPoint Security version: 6.6.2064.0 , 6.6.2052.0 

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.522.0)
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

• Administrators

If you check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html, is there an error logged or everything is green? Does trace.log contain any errors?

• ESET Staff

Errors like following:

2017-12-01 14:09:04 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread 2734]: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "localhost" port: 2222' failed with: (0x274d), No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

means that AGENT is configured to connect to ERA at hostname "localhost". Not sure whether this AGENT is installed in the same host as is ERA, but if not, this is sign of its miss-configuration. I would recommend to request configuration of this AGENT (client details -> configuration) and check configuration of connection to ERA. Be aware that this configuration parameter is crucial, and wrong configuration may result in AGENT not able to connect to ERA -> you won't be able to fix this issue remotely once this happens.