Extremely New to ESET

Sancho

While I used computers most all my career, I'm now flying on my own and doing my own IT. I have many questions. 1) I have a 64 Byte machine (running Windows 10, and ESET NOD32 Antivirus). Does NOD32 have anything to do with 32 Byte Machines? Pretty sure I'm running the right product. 

2) I'm trying to figure out just what I have, and how to use it (that which is not working automatically for me). I'd prefer an answer accompanied by files to read or watch on YouTube. 

3)My current mission, most immediate is to use a tool which I am pretty sure I have, or have access to with my license, to disinfect files on a Thumbdrive that I left plugged in. I believe this should not be a big problem, but I need a bit of hand holding on this first go.

Thanks!

Sancho 

NOD32 is only name, it is nothing about software architecture. AFAIK, You can't install any ESET Antivirus 32bit version on 64bit Windows. So, I'm pretty sure, You have right product. ESET Support page is the best place to get information You need.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The "NOD32" name dates back to the Windows 95 days, when companies would add a "-32" suffix to a program to denote that it worked with 32-bit versions of Windows.  This branding became so popular that for years more people recognized the NOD32 name than the ESET one, so it has stayed around.  These days, though, it has lost that original meaning and there are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus available, as well as other programs like ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium, etc. 

The 32-bit version of NOD32 will not install on a 64-bit version of Windows, or vice-versa, so you're not likely to run into any problems installing the "wrong" version of NOD32 on your computer.

The ESET Knowledgebase has lots of articles about NOD32 at https://support.eset.com/?segment=home.  Also, there's a very big video library on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/ESETKnowledgebase (currently over 200).  ESET is always adding more articles and videos, so be sure to check each frequently for the latest stuff.

Once you have ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed, you can plug your USB flash drive into the computer.  ESET NOD32 Antivirus will see it and prompt you to scan it.  When it finds malware (malicious software), it will either remove it automatically or prompt you to remove it, depending upon how ESET NOD32 Antivirus was configured.  If you need help over the phone, you can always contact tech support and they can walk you through the process.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks for the brief history lesson Aryeh. I try to learn something new every day and you've fulfilled my quota!:)

Sancho welcome to the forum...glad you are here.;)

Edited by TomFace