Upgrade Windows Client Error

Hello,

I'd like to upgrade a computer via 'Upgrade Windows Client' function, but I got failed. The error message is 'Upgrade processing error. error code: (7,3)'. What does the error code mean? How to fix it? Thank you.

What product and version is installed on the client you're attempting to upgrade?

ESET File Security 4.5.12011 upgrade to 4.5.12015

I'd like to upgrade a computer via 'Upgrade Windows Client' function, but I got failed. The error message is 'Upgrade processing error. error code: (7,3)'.

ESET File Security 4.5.12011 upgrade to 4.5.12015

The same for me. Ended with manual upgrade. Previous version upgrades using ERAS were successfull.

Edited by karlisi

I'm also getting this error.

RAS Ver: 5.1.34.0

Server has ver 4.5.12011.0

Tried updating client to ver 4.5.12015.0

Error:

Warning Upgrade processing error, error code: (7,3)

I always get this error.  I can't upgrade any file server client.

I can upgrade my workstations to the latest version!

I am seeing the exact same problem with two 4.5.12011.3 file security clients and a 4.5.10012.7 mail security client. I am trying to upgrade file security to 4.5.12015.1 and mail security to 4.5.10019.2

Edited by paul

I also have the same issue when trying to upgrade any of my servers. Works fine it you install manually.

Trying to upgrade from ESET File Security for Windows Servers version 4.5.12011 to version 4.5.12015

ERA version 5.1.34.0

I'm seeing the same error when upgrading from 4.5.12011 to 4.5.12015 under control of ERA 5.1.34.0 on all my Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008R2 VMs. Running the upgrade by hand has been successful on 2008 and 2008R2, but on my sole remaining 2003 server it broke things and forced me to restart in safe mode and use the ESET Uninstaller.

Upgrading my workstations from EES 4.0.2126 to 5.0.2214 and from 5.0.2214 to 5.0.2225 has generally been working normally. I've seen one (7,3), one (7,-112), two broken clients that needed safe mode & the ESET Uninstaller and two clients that ERAS mistakenly thought were new after the upgrade, but the failure rate is not unusual and I doubt it's related to this problem.

I haven't filed a support request on this since it looks like ESET is already aware of the problem, but if it'd be useful, I should be able to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the upgrade client feature for v4.5 due to changes in the signature. However, you can push a new install package on clients to upgrade them to a newer version.

I don't understand this. It's the same major version 4.5, only minor version upgrade and You say, not possible. There was major version upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0 for workstations product and it went without problems.As for push install, my servers are on remote sites, there is no VPN or EoIP connections, so remote installation not possible (can't establish IPC connection).

• Administrators

All previous versions were signed using an old certificate, only the latest version 4.5.12015 was signed using the new one which creates a problem with the upgrade feature in ERA. The problem doesn't occur with manual or push installation.

• 1 year later...