When Creating Installer I get "Invalid Certificate Passphrase"

When I try creating an all-in-one installer, I go through all the configuration choices. When I'm done and ready to download the installer for Windows clients I get this error message "Failed to download installer: Invalid certificate or certificate password provided."

Why am I getting this error? I entered the passphrase that I entered when I first deployed the Virtual Appliance and also tried using a different passphrase but neither will work.

• ESET Staff

Seems to be a problem with AGENT certificate password. I am not sure what deployment scenario you used, but I don't think generated certificate has any password -> have you actually used empty password field for this certificate?

I did end up leaving the passphrase field empty, and it would then let me download the installers. What are the possible security ramifications of not having a passphrase for the certificate? I'm actually not sure why there needs to be a passphrase for the cert, why have one in the first place?

• ESET Staff
16 hours ago, User21000 said:

I did end up leaving the passphrase field empty, and it would then let me download the installers. What are the possible security ramifications of not having a passphrase for the certificate? I'm actually not sure why there needs to be a passphrase for the cert, why have one in the first place?

Certificate is used to identify AGENT when connecting to your ERA. Whoever owns this certificate can install AGENT so that it will be connecting to your ERA. Password is protecting certificate exported as file, so it makes sense to have it password protected in case it is back-up somewhere outside of ERA.