AMTSO Phishing Test not working

Hi,

I am testing ESET Cyber Security Pro (6.5.x) on MacOS 13.1 (High Sierra) for now. I tried all of the AMTSO Feature setting checks but the 'Phishing Page Check' states that my Anti-Phishing features are not working. ESET 'Phishing-Protection' is of course enabled. Any ideas why AMTSO Phishing Test ist not working properly?

Cheers, senna.

I double checked again, with Safari (11.0.1) and Firefox (57.0) and I was able to successfully download following files:

1. RAR-SFX Format (EICAR test file)

2. ZIP-SFX Format (EICAR test file)

3. Potentially Unwanted Application ‘test’ file

4. CloudCar Testfile (only with Firefox 57.0)

Regarding AMTSO this shouldn't be possible saying that ' your Anti-Malware solution is NOT configured correctly or does not conform with industry best practice.'

5. Phishing Page Check still doesn't work properly

EDIT: All preferences are on default.

Edited by senna

Hey @Jack's_Son, thanks for checking again.

I started all over again coming out with new results: EICAR test files are blocked successfully now. PUA (.exe) still able to download. Phishing Page Check still fails. 

My results are very inconsistent and no idea why since settings were always on default. 

On my Mac, all of the tests create warnings and the PUA is blocked, but the Phishing test page still is not blocked. That's a strange result because I have come across pages that would not load and yield an ESET warning about Phishing attempts.

I added another security layer (VPN which also blocks Phishing sites and supporting AMTSO tests) with the same result: Phishing Test Site is not being blocked.

Issues due to changes at AMTSO test sites?

Just installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine (latest security updates). Windows Defender + Edge not blocking AMTSO Phishing test site either. No other software running.

Edited by senna

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, Jack's_Son said:

At this point, Techs should be stepping in. You're implying that neither the Mac and Windows versions are blocking Phishing sites right now. That's red alarms.

On 23/11/2017 at 6:07 AM, senna said:

Hi,

I am testing ESET Cyber Security Pro (6.5.x) on MacOS 13.1 (High Sierra) for now. I tried all of the AMTSO Feature setting checks but the 'Phishing Page Check' states that my Anti-Phishing features are not working. ESET 'Phishing-Protection' is of course enabled. Any ideas why AMTSO Phishing Test ist not working properly?

Cheers, senna.

Best thing to do is sometimes to open a support ticket. While mods are on here, the recommended support method is always via email as they may not always check all posts on here.

13 hours ago, senna said:

Just installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine (latest security updates). Windows Defender + Edge not blocking AMTSO Phishing test site either. No other software running.

I am running Win 10 ver. 1709 and Eset IS 11.0.149. IE11 detects the test just fine.

As far as WD not detecting it, the test is not supported by Microsoft. Always verify on AMTSO test page if the security vendor supports the test.

On 24.11.2017 at 11:31 AM, persian-boy said:

@senna
Why do you care about this ugly testing methods?Eset can block phishing pages! doesn't matter if it dont blocks that page!

Oh, I don't care about the performance part. I am sure ESET performs great protecting our computers.

But through this test you can discover misconfiguration or bugs during installation routines. In my case 'Scanning for potentially unwanted applications' was not enabled although I put my preferences on default and reinstalled the software. As I figured out, this is already a known bug.  

On 25.11.2017 at 12:25 AM, itman said:

I am running Win 10 ver. 1709 and Eset IS 11.0.149. IE11 detects the test just fine.

As far as WD not detecting it, the test is not supported by Microsoft. Always verify on AMTSO test page if the security vendor supports the test.

Yep. Sorry for confusion. With ESET on Windows 10 it just works fine. I assumed Microsoft supports all the AMTSO tests. Phishing Test  on my Mac still not working.

On 24.11.2017 at 9:49 PM, peteyt said:

Best thing to do is sometimes to open a support ticket. While mods are on here, the recommended support method is always via email as they may not always check all posts on here.

I usually open support tickets. In my case I am still waiting for official response. But this is a great community to ask questions to and discuss problems. I bet lots of the problems you can be solved by community support :)

• 2 weeks later...