Jump to content

ERA api how to get license uuid


kornwaretm
 Share

Recommended Posts

hi.

i'm trying to get license uuid. i activate a license using this json. i'm expecting to get the license uuid from this request.

{
	"Era.Common.NetworkMessage.ConsoleApi.Licenses.RpcAddPoolByLicenseKeyRequest": {
		"licenseKey": "KEEY-KEYY-KKEY-KEYE-KEEY"
	}
}

instead i got this json

{
  "Era.Common.NetworkMessage.ConsoleApi.RpcExceptionData": {} 
}

server log :

2017-11-23 04:35:22 Error: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 7feba17ba700]: 23394 Error while processing AddPoolByLicenseKey request: CEcpCommunicator: ECPRequestMessageLinkSeatPools request failed, error=0x2051d000.
2017-11-23 04:35:22 Error: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 7feba17ba700]: Untranslatable CInterModuleException: CEcpCommunicator: ECPRequestMessageLinkSeatPools request failed, error=0x2051d000.

something went wrong there, i can't understand. however, i can see the license in the web console. i need to get the license uuid so i can assign the license to a specific group, and create activation task. 

 

tanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Error code from trace.log comes from licensing servers, which means that ServerAPI request is correct, but licenseKey or ESET infrastructure is not. I would recommend to verify that it is still not working (we had licensing server outage yesterday). Also checking to import license wit the same ERA using console would be great -> at least you will be sure license key itself is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks for the reply. i've been triying using random licenses for testing this. add and remove them a lot. may this is the cause? anyway if the process is normal with real license will i be able to get license uuid returned? i need license uuid to create activation task. 

{
	"Era.Common.NetworkMessage.ConsoleApi.TasksTriggers.RpcCreateClientTaskRequest": {
		"clientTaskConfiguration": {
			"taskType": 18,
			"taskProductActivation": {
				"eset_license": {
					"license_uuid": {
						"uuid": "in_license_uuid"
					}
				}
			}
		},
		"collisionsHandling": 1,
		"staticObjectData": {
			"name": "in_name",
			"description": "in_description"
		}
	}
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok. i just found out that license key came as a pair with publicID. this is bad but i think i should access the era_db in order to be able to get the license uuid and automate all process all the way from activation to creating isntaller. 

Edited by kornwaretm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Seems that you will need to use reporting mechanisms, which is complicated and not fully documented.

Technically you will have to request report data using RpcGenerateReportRequest. This request requires you to specify report template, either already existing using its uuid, or temporary report template with definition inlined in report request. As creating template definition is very hard - and there is no documentation for it, I would recommend to start requesting report using predefined report template "License status overview", which has fixed uuid 00000000-0000-0000-7013-00000000003a. I was not able to verify, but it may return list of licenses with uuid. It this is confirmed, it is possible to fetch report template definition using RpcGetReportTemplateRequest and use it directly, or tweak requested data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks MartinK. i tried to create a custom report template, i think there is no field uuid, pool uuid in the selection. need to test them one by one. thanks anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...