Program Module Updated

Hey

A module update is the latest version of a part of your ESET security product, and an example could be ,improvements or corrections , most often to a specific module, such as the firewall module or cleaning module.These improvement is sent out automatically, and can be seen in your logs as a "module update".

Regards Janus (have a nice weekend)

Edited by Janus

Hi Chris, No you don't need to change or do anything with your other software (like Internet Explorer) to be able to receive module updates since they are downloaded automatically via the VSDs (virus signature update) that you get several times a day. 

Does ESET still publishes module update information? I remember some time ago, we used to have module update information details, like what were packer details updated and sth like that.

And little deviation to the original topic, but related to VSD. Did anyone see the size of v9061 update, it has 16k entries. So, strange, i never saw a single update having entries having more than 250 or 300 entries.. :unsure:

• ESET Insiders

Does ESET still publishes module update information? I remember some time ago, we used to have module update information details, like what were packer details updated and sth like that.

And little deviation to the original topic, but related to VSD. Did anyone see the size of v9061 update, it has 16k entries. So, strange, i never saw a single update having entries having more than 250 or 300 entries.. :unsure:

Seems to be the new v7 is capturing a wave of many Kryptik samples heuristically

Did anyone see the size of v9061 update, it has 16k entries. So, strange, i never saw a single update having entries having more than 250 or 300 entries.. :unsure:

It was about 1,7 MB.

Also I noticed that after that update the servers were again overloaded until now, as I did not get updates after v.9061 with the hourly checks.

I did an update manually several times, firstly from 9061 to 9062 which included a new advanced heuristic engine.

And then a manual update from 9062 to 9064, which was again very big (about 1,5 MB).

Edited by User