How to increase seat count?

Super_Spartan

On the ESET Middle East site, I can renew OR increase the license size. Now I've recommended NOD32 to a friend who's in the USA and he bought a 2 user license for 2 years. He just bought his daughter a computer so he wants to add another seat rather than get her a separate license. We couldn't find a way to increase the license size on the ESET US website. There was only renew license and when he enters his license there, it says his license is not eligible for renewal. Probably because his license is still valid for another year.

so how does one add to the PC count of his license? why isn't it as easy as it is on the ESET Middle East Site?

• ESET Moderators

It does depend on where the license was purchased and the type of license, remember we are a partner-based company and different partners and distributors offer different license types. If your friend bought an NFR (not for resale), this will affect renewal obviously). If they bought online, the license type will depend on the location of the partner (it's possible to purchase licenses outside of the US, for example). 

Otherwise, your friend should use License Manager to add their current license to my.eset.com, and from there, can add license quantity:

http://help.eset.com/license_manager/en-US/elm_managing_license.html 

2 hours ago, foneil said:

It does depend on where the license was purchased and the type of license, remember we are a partner-based company and different partners and distributors offer different license types. If your friend bought an NFR (not for resale), this will affect renewal obviously). If they bought online, the license type will depend on the location of the partner (it's possible to purchase licenses outside of the US, for example). 

Otherwise, your friend should use License Manager to add their current license to my.eset.com, and from there, can add license quantity:

http://help.eset.com/license_manager/en-US/elm_managing_license.html 

He bought it from the same ESET US site I pointed above. It says if he wants to increase the license size, he has to call sales so no way to do it online like you could with the Middle East site. I'll tell him to call then