Endpoint Security doesn't display any notifications from IDS

Hi, I just noticed that IDS component in eset blocked some connections

lrrCs8a.png

ZjGkyya.png

I didn't get any notifications for this, I also looked around settings and couldn't find anything about it. I also looked in Tools -> logs but there is nothing from IDS there. I'm using v6.6.2046.1

Edited by kapela86
  • Administrators

There's a link to show details about the blocked communication. If you are having issues with DVR because of this blocked communication, you should allow it. If you don't experience any issues, I'd leave it as is.

• Administrators

I reckon this happens in automatic mode when an uninitiated inbound communication for which no rule exists is attempted. If the firewall was to notify about every blocked packet, many users would be constantly flooded with notifications.

Yes we use default "Automatic" firewall setting. If you are worried about constant flood of notifications, then add an user configurable option to show notifications for IDS and set it to off by default. And in this notification there could be some checkbox like "don't notify for this IP address" or something. This way everyone will be happy.