More about Quarantine

novice

If I "click" on item in Quarantine, few options will pop-up: first one : "Quarantine", second one "Restore"

If the item is already in Quarantine, why the option "Quarantine"??????

eset.jpg

The option  to "Quarantine" is already available on Context scan ---->Advanced options-----> Quarantine.  (see picture)

This is the place where, logically should be.

To offer option to "quarantine" when I click on a file already in quarantine is , at least illogical.

Quarantine.jpg

• Administrators

I don't see anything wrong. If you manually quarantine an undetected file, it will be also removed from its location so you cannot quarantine it again.  Even if you somehow re-create the very same file at the same location, it won't be placed to quarantine again and only the count will be increased in quarantine.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:25 AM, Marcos said:

I don't see anything wrong.

You did not understand me.

What I was saying is , there is no need to have the option "Quarantine" when I click on a file already in "Quarantine". The only options available should be :

Restore,

Restore and exclude from scanning,

Restore to...,

Delete from quarantine,

Submit for analysis

The option to manually add a file to Quarantine is already there , on "Scan with ESET / Advanced options

If a file deleted by ESET during virus scan, can that file will be in quarantine folder, in case if it requires to recover that file if is it is from legitimate software?

Thanks