Jump to content

Operating System Update does nothing


strivoli
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm running ERA 6.5. The Win CLIENT has updates ready. I apply the Task to the CLIENT. ERA reports it's running and then finished successfully. There's CPU activity when ERA reports it's running but nothing happens: OS Updates are not installed. What do I have to do in order to get the feature work? Regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same Issue here, Just ran into it now.

Running latest Windows 10 Pro 1703 Creators Update,  And EES 6.6.2052.0. Update doesn't occur and the task finishes successfully (I checked Optional and normal updates just unchecked automatic restart.

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

I am currently not able to verify with this specific update, but have you enabled Automatically accept EULA in task configuration? It is possible that accepting EULA is required prior to installation. System update task will most probably skip updates that does require accepting EULA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MartinK said:

I am currently not able to verify with this specific update, but have you enabled Automatically accept EULA in task configuration? It is possible that accepting EULA is required prior to installation. System update task will most probably skip updates that does require accepting EULA.

I've tried both with the Automatic accept EULA, and its not working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
On 11/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, avielc said:

I've tried both with the Automatic accept EULA, and its not working.

Is it possible to list which update is actually not installed? It is something occurring only on specific machine, or in whole network?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MartinK said:

Is it possible to list which update is actually not installed? It is something occurring only on specific machine, or in whole network?

Hi Martin, 
I'm trying to do it on all computers and it doesn't seem to do anything

Doesn't affect any kind of update, either hotfix Windows update pushes, or Windows defender updates which also arrive through Windows 10. Any thoughts what could be the cause? or How I can diagnose it with the agent? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...