Parametric Groups

MartynKeigher

Hey all, 

We are an MSP and have deployed ESET File Security & Endpoint AV to some of our clients and are so far... really enjoying the product, but i do have just ONE question! ;)

• Is there an EASY WAY to have ONE Parametric group for ALL Citrix/XenApp Servers??

I have set 2 Parametric groups so far, for 2 clients, (based on their [different] naming conventions), but I can forsee this spiraling out of control, with the more clients we on-board with ESET File Security on their servers, as i will have to make 1 parametric (or even static) group for each clients XenApp Servers. The reason I want to have this group is so that i can apply the best practices listed here, hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2791, to them automatically via policy, attached to this ONE group I would like to create.

Note: I do see a column in my client list named Custom1. I have tried to add "Terminal Server" in this field for all the terminal servers, but not having much luck doing that. So possible 2nd question (although i originally said I had only 1!)

• How can I add Custom Info onto a deployed ESET endpoint, that is NOT one of the listed options in the Server Options list shown here, hxxp://i.imgur.com/OQ7pIx0.jpg ?

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to achieve is setting "some commonality" across all Terminal Servers, that I can use to populate a Parametric group (with a Terminal Policy attached to it) to just automatically take care of it!?

Thanks.

MartynKeigher,

Within your clients that are Citrix/XenApp Servers, if the Remote Administrator reports the OS as such, then you can use the filter for OS in.

If that does not work for you, then you might be onto the best solution using the custom field . Please reach out to me with a direct PM so that I can ask you specific questions that will allow us to potentially use the custom field in the policy under Kernel > Settings > Remote Administration  in order to resolve the issues with determining the Parametric group creator/management aspect of our software.