Firewall FireFox issue

I am using latest ESS with interactive Firewall enabled. The issue is Firefox only have access to internet for a while and then ESS Firewall shut me out and ask again for permission. I already have allowed this permanently. Why does it keep doing this? How to solve this? Using latest FireFox 56.0.2 x64.

• Administrators

If you check the list of firewall rules, is a rule for Firefox already created? Please collect logs with ELC and provide them to me via a personal message so that I can check your firewall rules.

38 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you check the list of firewall rules, is a rule for Firefox already created? Please collect logs with ELC and provide them to me via a personal message so that I can check your firewall rules.

Yes it is already created. I have also deleted all Firefox rules and re-added and still same issue. How to collect log and what kind of logs do ESS collect? I dont want to share personal info.

17 minutes ago, Seth said:

Yes it is already created. I have also deleted all Firefox rules and re-added and still same issue. How to collect log and what kind of logs do ESS collect? I dont want to share personal info.

You may want to review this KB article: https://support.eset.com/kb3466/

To send Marcos a Personal Message (PM), click on Marcos name, and it will take you to his profile, then click "message" and add your logs to the PM.

Edited by TomFace

50 minutes ago, TomFace said:

You may want to review this KB article: https://support.eset.com/kb3466/

To send Marcos a Personal Message (PM), click on Marcos name, and it will take you to his profile, then click "message" and add your logs to the PM.

Is it portable? What specific logs are needed?

When you created the outbound allow rule for FireFox did you allow all outbound connections or for only specific ports; e.g. 80, 443, etc.? Check your firewall log to determine if a port you haven't allowed is causing the ask activity.

1 hour ago, Dontlikeit said:

could you provide any screenshot?

Who are you asking? Seth or itman? Quoting the poster might get you a response/answer quicker.

quote.thumb.jpg.fad4b912f80765cc1ca0a81a3bc49cb7.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, Seth said:

Is it portable? What specific logs are needed?

Ask Marcos what logs he requires, and "portability" of what? Not sure what you're asking.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TomFace said:

Ask Marcos what logs he requires, and "portability" of what? Not sure what you're asking.

I'd need logs collected by ESET Log Collector.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-11-17 at 4:26 AM, Marcos said:

I'd need logs collected by ESET Log Collector.

I have re-installed ESSP and Firefox to newest version but the issue still remains. I don't know if newer version of ESS and ESSP 10 has changed firewall setting on how to act? I have used Eset products since version 4 and always used interactive setting in Eset  firewall and it ask for first time when you open web browser and make it permantly and thats it and have worked that way since then till now. I forgot to mention that when the windows pop's up and ask for permission you can see it has something with the addon "Disconnect" for Firefox to do. I'm not sure why Eset would block Firefox because of that? Also I have tested to disable and uninstall Disconnect without any luck. Why would it be OK to give Firefox permission for a while just to take it away with me not making any changes to rules or settings?

I can't figure this out and would appreciate if someone could help me out with this problem. Marcos, Thanks for the respond. I tried to download ELC but you have to install it and I don't like to install things. I like to have installed programs to minimal. But if you are specific on what info you need I probably can provide it.

Thanks in advance for any respond I get from you guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, another user with the same problem.

I have the same behaviour with Firefox 57 (fresh install from a offline installer, wich can found in the Mozilla webpage). This is how ESS10 behaves with Firefox 57 (multiprocess):

- After having Firefox 57 opened at a random interval of time AND also you open a new tab or window on the above , ESS10 forgets all the Firewall rules set to Firefox.exe and it will begin to ask about the connections done by the program until you close Firefox.

- If you close and open Firefox again, the firewall rules set to Firefox come back and there's no problem until the next time it asks about permissons.

- Firefox is the only program on which I have problems with the ESS10 Firewall, and this has started to happen after the Firefox 57 install.

I suspect that this have something to do with Firefox 57 multiprocess tasks, on which the above can open at least 5 Firefox.exe executables at a time to distribute the work load, and then the ESS10 Firewall is having problems identifying wich process was been launched in the first place and then marking one of the FIrefox.exe subprocess as a new application with no rules set.

Edited by Box