(Solved) ESET v11 GUI startup can be disabled bug

• ESET Insiders

Hi,

I contacted Customer Support about user being able to disable ESET v11 GUI startup from task manager TICKET 205100

I got a replay that this problem will be fixed in HIPS module version 1302+

But i see HIPS 1302 is out and problem not fixed

Edited by BALTAGY
Solved

• ESET Insiders
6 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

So why are you posting this here instead of contacting customer support again?

Maybe a mod can check the ticket with them and remind them only, is that a problem for you ?

2 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

Maybe a mod can check the ticket with them and remind them only, is that a problem for you ?

Maybe you could have been more clear about what you where expecting from someone in the opening post. 

But beside that, it is an strange approach that you first contact support and the resolution they have given is not working that you don't re-open that ticket or contact them again.

And instead you are just posting here. But this is just my personal opinion. 

• ESET Insiders
6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Did you also restart the computer after the HIPS module?

Yes, you can test it easily, just open task manager > Startup and disable ESET command line interface and restart

ESET GUI wont start

I

51 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

Yes, you can test it easily, just open task manager > Startup and disable ESET command line interface and restart

Are you complaining about the fact that the Eset GUI startup at boot time can be disabled by disabling it via Task Manager?

Since it can be started manually via the Start menu, this really isn't a security issue. Also just because Eset's GUI is not started does not mean it is not protecting. It is since ekrn.exe is running and starts early in the boot process.

You can control user access to task scheduler via GP/SRP.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
1 minute ago, itman said:

I

Are you complaining about the fact that the Eset GUI startup at boot time can be disabled by disabling it via Task Manager?

Since it can be started manually via the Start menu, this really isn't a security issue. Also just because Eset's GUI is not started does not mean it is not protecting. It is since ekrn.exe is running and starts early in the boot process.

I know, but normal user should not be able to disable the GUI even by mistake

Anyway problem fixed today with HIPS module version 1303

I will mark the topic solved

• Most Valued Members
31 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Ich habe das selbe Problem auf 3 Rechnern ... 

Please note this is an english forum so please post messages in english or people may not be able to read your post. As for your issue is this on version 11? You could try turning pre release updates on. Hit F5, go to profiles then basic and choose pre release updates via the update type drop down menu

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, galaxy said:

I have the same problem on 3 computers ...

As I mentioned is this on version 11? Have you got pre release updates enabled?