Wildcards in "protocol filtering" "excluded applications"?

Is it possible to use wildcards in "web and e-mail" > "protocol filtering" > "excluded applications"?

Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Application A*\application*.exe

for:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Application A\application.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Application A 2\application.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Application A 2\application_2.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Application A 3\application.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Application A 3\application_3.exe

Edited by 100

• Administrators

I don't think that wildcards are supported in that list. Do you have an application that communicates over http(s), it's located in a different folder on each computer and scanning its http communication by ESET causes some issues so that it needs to be excluded?

I use an realtime application which have an builtin community chat and very often the new message notification doesn't disapperars when the new messages are read. It persists also after the application is restartet because the message state is saved in an file. It doesn't help to read the message again and again. It seems to be, that the correct state is sometimes not received from the server. I can solve it temporarily when I delete the file which stores the state. The application support cannot reproduce this problem which I have since some month.

The application uses internal some parts of the Internet Explorer (like winamp or Windows Live Mail), but I have cookies allowed for the domain which is used by the application.

I have also done antivirus exclusions for "\AppData\Roaming\application A\*" and  "C:\Program Files (x86)\application A\*" but it doesn't help.

I'm not sure that Eset is the reason and therefore I will now disable antivirus and firewall for some days. It should not be a security problem because I'm behind a router and I use always sandboxie for all browers and winamp. Each browser and winamp has its own sandbox, always cleared when the browser/winamp is closed.

Edited by 100

• Administrators

If you can easily reproduce the issue, you can try temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup and see if it makes a difference.

Yes, thank you! But I have tried so many things without any success (also add the SSL certificate of the used domain and set its filtering to ignore, or add 40 IPs to the exclusion list). So I think now that it will be the best to disable Eset completely and if this doesn't make any difference I can sure, that Eset isn't the reason. :-)

Edited by 100

• Administrators

Temporarily disabling protocol filtering would rule out or confirm that ESET is somehow involved in the issue. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling ESET but it's quite unlikely that it would make a difference.

Hm, but does the problem couldn't also be caused by the firewall or the file antivirus?

Edit: Eset isn't the reason.

Edited by 100