Can ESET detect Trojan.InstallMonster.1852?

Hi there,

As the title of the article, today, my customer get some information about trojans with name details below on their security system, but Eset not detect or notify!

Malware

aag.teenplusa.com

Malware Trojan.InstallMonster.1852

aa.akgn.com.

So i search on many resource but no information related, i wonder if ESET can be detect this malwarre or not?

If yes, please send me some evidence or link reference! 

Thanks a lot :)

• Administrators

InstallMonster is not a trojan but potentially unwanted application. They have been actively trying to avoid detection by AVs for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

InstallMonster is not a trojan but potentially unwanted application. They have been actively trying to avoid detection by AVs for a long time.

Thanks for your response, it means if we check with customer that the feature "Detection PUA" is enable, so this InstallMonster will be can cleaned?

• Administrators

Hard to say if it would be detected. As I wrote, they have been very active in evading detection. It's a PUA so even if it was present on a computer, it wouldn't pose a risk since it's not malware. If you know that it's there, you can try to uninstall it via the Control panel or remove it manually.