Restart required after updating product

mrfac

I have problem with "Restart required" after installing new product:

Endpoint protection antivirus - newset one.

IT seames that all my client computers have updated correctly - computers are powered off - shutdown - for night. But still, after almost a week after installation I have 20+ " problematic computers" with restart required pending...

Last time, updating to 2046 it was exacly the same issue - I have manualy restarted those computers to make this notification go away... But that is not a sollution, they are over 20 computers with this message...

Please advise.

• Administrators

Note that on modern OS "shut down" doesn't really shut down the computer but only snoozes it. If you select "Restart" from the Start menu, I assume the message about restart required will disappear after an actual restart.

• ESET Staff

What might help, is to restart them from ERA, by the client task. Or use a "run command" task, with a specific OS restart command, with delayed restart (to give your users some time).

This "restart required" message is needed, as product needs to load new drivers, for which the restart of the OS required. Message is "red" from the perspective of emphasizing the critical severity of the operation, in order to get the newest protection.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add some info, it's called "Fast startup" in WIndows 10 (and in 8/8.1 if I remember correctly). You can disable it using this method: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

If you are using Group Policy, then unfortunately it isn't available there, but you can add it as Registry Key (look it up from bat file from option 2)