Unable to create installer 32bit or 64 bit

I installed the ERA unto my Windows 2012 R2 server to test this trial license before actually buying for our company, installation went through with no problems, issue arises when I try to create 32bit or 64bit installer , I get this error Internal Server Error, anyone else had such an error, what steps should I take. check attached file.

failed-server-error.png

• ESET Staff

Please enable full trace log verbosity of SERVER (advanced -> server settings), re-try installer creation and check or send me privately (PM) SERVER's trace.log located in:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs

Generating installers may have failed on multiple phases, where most problematic is downloading installer files (around 200MB).

Edited by MartinK

• Administrators

You can also create a Wireshark log while creating an AOI which might shed more light if it's failing on downloading the installer.

• ESET Staff

Relevant error from provided trace log is:

GetFile: Failed to process HTTP request (error code: 20019, url: 'http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/tools/installers/bootstrapper_era/v1/1.0.8.0/epi_are.exe')

which means that HTTP download was interrupted before reference file has been downloaded. We have seen this in multiple occasions:

• HTTP proxy was not working properly
  • ESET infrastructure issue (but that should not be this case as it does not work for longer time)
  • Poor internet connectivity which results in connection timeout
  • Firewall that blocks download of executable (*.exe) files

Could you verify that file can be downloaded manually? It may be helpful to generate wireshark log, as recommended @Marcos. I would guess there is either problem with downloading this type of files, or problem with larger files download (this specific is around ~11MB). There does not seems to be problem with connectivity, as you won't be able to get so far with installer creation.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Please re-try and check or send me privately (PM) SERVER's trace.log located in:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs

Generating installers may have failed on multiple phases, where most problematic is downloading installer files (around 200MB).

I tried downloading it manually , timing out with any browser, and also timed out on my download manager that I use , check attached.

download-manager.png

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Relevant error from provided trace log is:

GetFile: Failed to process HTTP request (error code: 20019, url: 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/tools/installers/bootstrapper_era/v1/1.0.8.0/epi_are.exe')

which means that HTTP download was interrupted before reference file has been downloaded. We have seen this in multiple occasions:

• HTTP proxy was not working properly
  • ESET infrastructure issue (but that should not be this case as it does not work for longer time)
  • Poor internet connectivity which results in connection timeout
  • Firewall that blocks download of executable (*.exe) files

Could you verify that file can be downloaded manually? It may be helpful to generate wireshark log, as recommended @Marcos. I would guess there is either problem with downloading this type of files, or problem with larger files download (this specific is around ~11MB). There does not seems to be problem with connectivity, as you won't be able to get so far with installer creation.

I just tried downloading manually but didn't get through, check attached

download-manager.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

You can also create a Wireshark log while creating an AOI which might shed more light if it's failing on downloading the installer.

How can I create a wireshark log? what does AOI stand for( excuse me for not knowing)

• ESET Staff
On 10/26/2017 at 9:44 PM, rollindadice said:

I just tried downloading manually but didn't get through, check attached

download-manager.png

Please try to investigate why you are not able to download mentioned file: it is crucial for installer. Maybe there is HTTP proxy blocking download? Also check whether another required file:

http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v6/6.5.522.0/agent_x64.msi

could be downloaded. At least we will know whether all files, or only specific are blocked.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:17 AM, santoso said:

here how to create wireshark log
https://support.eset.com/kb6446/?viewlocale=en_US

AOI stand for All in One Installer.

Thanks , just installed Wireshark, now running, will send Wireshark File to forum in a bit

amazingly while having wireshark running , the installer seems to be downloading now, haha took quite a while on 0% , then it started downloading ,it went to 10, 14, it's stuck at 26% for about 5 minutes now