Safely Remove & ESET Popups

Ref: (2) Western Digital USB BkUp Drives I alternate ..... After Clk'ing "Safely Remove" in the Western Digital System Tray Icon I have recently started getting ESET popups that [ Drive E or J is recognized ] and THAT is after Rt Clking the Sys Tray ESET Icon and Pausing Protection and Firewall.

I CANNOT Safely Remove either Drive now and keep getting the hated "Close All Apps & Try Later" popups.

Previously all I had to do was Stop the WD BkUp Software and QUIT Malwarebytes. I now Stop  All Security Apps  + [RUN: services.msc ] & Stop WD Drive Mgr, which Stops WD Bkup, too, to no avail.

HOW do I keep ESET from Talking to Anything (eliminate these popups) while I try to Safely Remove either Ext Drive?

• Administrators

You can disable media scan in the advanced setup -> Antivirus -> Removable media to ensure that no scan will be running when you attempt to remove the USB drive.

• Administrators

I'd suggest contacting customer care and providing them with a Process Monitor log generated as follows (for instructions, see https://support.eset.com/kb6308/):

- Before connecting the external HDD, start logging with Procmon
- Reproduce the problem, ie. click "Safely remove"
- Stop logging.

Save the log with the pml extension in an unfiltered form and compress it before providing it to customer care for perusal. Also provide them with logs collected by ELC and information whether the problem occurs with any USB hard drive or flash disk or only with the WD backup drive.

22 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I'd suggest contacting customer care and providing them with a Process Monitor log generated as follows (for instructions, see https://support.eset.com/kb6308/):

- Before connecting the external HDD, start logging with Procmon
- Reproduce the problem, ie. click "Safely remove"
- Stop logging.

Save the log with the pml extension in an unfiltered form and compress it before providing it to customer care for perusal. Also provide them with logs collected by ELC and information whether the problem occurs with any USB hard drive or flash disk or only with the WD backup drive.

Really appreciate that.

I'm Not sure ESET is THE Cause but will do this asap as some recent App Update is surely responsible..

On 10/26/2017 at 6:54 AM, COStark26 said:

Really appreciate that.

I'm Not sure ESET is THE Cause but will do this asap as some recent App Update is surely responsible..

EDIT: The Trick used below lasted only briefly; I can no longer Safely Remove either Ext BkUp Drive no matter what App I close. I doubt it is ESET's fault.

Without opening a Sppt Tkt ....... Safely Remove now works every time because to remove the current drive to follow the ProcMon/ESET instructions I had to turn the computer OFF -- I now don't have to deal with any other App as prior.

I first changed the Removable Media setting to - Do Not Scan - and THAT didn't help before the Shutdown, - BUT - After computer Off/On I then Turned the Removable Media Option to "Completely Off", and Safely Remove has worked every time since. I'm not sure if - Do Not Scan - would have worked IF I had Re-Started the computer after the change - but at least I've eliminated the issue as described.

Thanks again, Marcos.

Edited by COStark26