Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corso

the eset live grid servers cannot be reached

Recommended Posts

In the new version of Internet Security 11.0.144.0 i get this message in the mainGUI, saying"  the eset live grid servers cannot be reached".

and "ESET Live grid is not accessible"

There's yellow around the main gui as well, but there's nothing i can do in the GUI.

How do i fix this?

 

Never ever had this in all the former versions of EIS.

 

Haven't changed anything specific in the settings.

Everything else seems to work fine, but this message won't go away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the GUI

Go to setup then press F5 , then in the tools tab make sure live grid is enabled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's enabled already.

I did the old trick with the SSL/TLS, i disabled it ok, then enabled it again, SSL/TLS that is, and now it works again.

Seems a bit sluggish this new verson and clicking the update , the check for update is a bit slow with SSL/TLS enabled but faster with it disabled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything showing up in setup > network protection > troubleshooting wizard , that could be hindering your connection ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply and and help, appreciate it!

Yes, i have no idea what these are, there are Three:

NT Kernel & system remote adress 46.234.125.89

prague-ping-1-cdn77.com
46.234.125.89

Communication denied by rule Block ICMP communication

Unknown device
74.91.116.215
Packed blocked by active defense (IDS)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Could these be something causing it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too had this same exact problem about 12 hours ago. Live Grid couldn't be reached. It lasted for a couple minutes on 2 separate occasions. Without my intervention, it was back to normal after a couple minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Corso said:

Thanks for the reply and and help, appreciate it!

Yes, i have no idea what these are, there are Three:

NT Kernel & system remote adress 46.234.125.89

prague-ping-1-cdn77.com
46.234.125.89

Communication denied by rule Block ICMP communication

Unknown device
74.91.116.215
Packed blocked by active defense (IDS)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Could these be something causing it?

 

 

@Corso
Reason i asked was to see if you had any third party application that was interfering with your ESET product communicating properly with livegrid when your system boots.

The first address 46.4234.125.89 resolves to superhosting.cz and the second goes to nfoservers.com .

Maybe both related to a game that you have been playing online ?

You don't have any other security or game app installed that could be blocking it's access ??
Like the apps you can use to filter games like CSGO from connecting to servers from certain countries ??

Plus checking the troubleshooting wizard again , immediately after booting and not running any apps might help :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, my greetings to all forum members.

 

I have the same problem like the others and it appears always when I don't have active internet connection.As soon as internet connection is there, there isn't anymore problem with Eset live grid.This thing really bothers me a lot because I have internet turned on only when I'm surfing the web.

 

But, that isn't the only problem with this new version 11 of a program.Even the bigger problem is big slowing down of reading USB flash memory sticks, even through total commander also.I tried with disabled removable media real-time protection, but there isn't any difference.

 

Then, when update wasn't successful because internet wasn't turned on (and in my PC often isn't), you can't remove red warning until connect to internet and try to update again.Well, this isn't any problem or bug but thing which came with the new program version, but it bothers a lot also.

 

I'm using Eset products for a long, long time and this is the first time that there are little to much annoying stuffs but I'm sure that soon everything will be just fine.

 

Thank you for any help in advance

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tlask said:

I have the same problem like the others and it appears always when I don't have active internet connection.As soon as internet connection is there, there isn't anymore problem with Eset live grid.This thing really bothers me a lot because I have internet turned on only when I'm surfing the web.

In that case you can turn off "ESET LiveGrid is not accessible" notifications in the advanced setup -> tools > user interface -> application statuses -> general. If one has a permanent Internet connection, these notifications should be kept enabled as LiveGrid is crucial especially for protection against Internet-borne threats.

Quote

... that isn't the only problem with this new version 11 of a program.Even the bigger problem is big slowing down of reading USB flash memory sticks, even through total commander also.I tried with disabled removable media real-time protection, but there isn't any difference.

Please do not mix more issues in one topic but rather create a separate topic for each issue. In a new topic please explain what you mean by reading USB flash disks; do you mean copying files or simply opening a document from it takes a lot of time? Does it happen with USB flash drive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize for that, will open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marcos said:

Is the CloudCar test file detected upon download as "Suspicious object"?

Yes, it is detected. I have just purged ESET and reinstalled it from Clean slate now.

It's been a couple of minutes now and have rebooted so, so far so good. Have to see now how it works out.

 

8 hours ago, cyberhash said:

@Corso
Reason i asked was to see if you had any third party application that was interfering with your ESET product communicating properly with livegrid when your system boots.

The first address 46.4234.125.89 resolves to superhosting.cz and the second goes to nfoservers.com .

Maybe both related to a game that you have been playing online ?

You don't have any other security or game app installed that could be blocking it's access ??
Like the apps you can use to filter games like CSGO from connecting to servers from certain countries ??

Plus checking the troubleshooting wizard again , immediately after booting and not running any apps might help :)

 

 

 

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

Yes, i play some games online :)

I just have malwarebytes installed as premium. It's not been any problem in any earlier ESET versions though.

I do have one other fishy problem in event log i never had Before ever:

EVENT ID 64 CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment

"The certificate of local system account with the thumbprint d4 de d7 6e 92 de cf 20 b7 and 79 57 0f 93 2a 14 04 19 8c ae has expired or will expire soon."

some certificate problem. Have no idea how to fix that, and if that could be the reason with eset?

____________________________

My info:

Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1709 build 16299.19 (Official non-insider)

Eset Internet Security 11.0.144.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Corso said:

Yes, it is detected. I have just purged ESET and reinstalled it from Clean slate now.

It's been a couple of minutes now and have rebooted so, so far so good. Have to see now how it works out.

 

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

Yes, i play some games online :)

I just have malwarebytes installed as premium. It's not been any problem in any earlier ESET versions though.

I do have one other fishy problem in event log i never had Before ever:

EVENT ID 64 CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment

"The certificate of local system account with the thumbprint d4 de d7 6e 92 de cf 20 b7 and 79 57 0f 93 2a 14 04 19 8c ae has expired or will expire soon."

some certificate problem. Have no idea how to fix that, and if that could be the reason with eset?

____________________________

My info:

Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1709 build 16299.19 (Official non-insider)

Eset Internet Security 11.0.144.0

I also have the EVENT ID 64 certificate problem showing in event viewer . i have checked this using MMC from cmd prompt and using the certificate snap in to check it. It appears to be an expiring certificate today 26/10/17 , for an xbox live certificate and i imagine that will be auto updated by microsoft via the xbox app (win update/store) at some point without any user intervention. This wont be causing the issues with your Livegrid though.

If you are still having problems with connections to livegrid, maybe temporarily pausing the realtime protection in malwarebytes to see if that will cure the problem ???




 

cert.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cyberhash said:

I also have the EVENT ID 64 certificate problem showing in event viewer . i have checked this using MMC from cmd prompt and using the certificate snap in to check it. It appears to be an expiring certificate today 26/10/17 , for an xbox live certificate and i imagine that will be auto updated by microsoft via the xbox app (win update/store) at some point without any user intervention. This wont be causing the issues with your Livegrid though.

If you are still having problems with connections to livegrid, maybe temporarily pausing the realtime protection in malwarebytes to see if that will cure the problem ???




 

cert.jpg

Aha, Xbox...thank you very much for the info! That makes sense, since i installed Xbox app some days ago.

Using MMC from cmd prompt and using the certificate snap in. Ok, i see. Good tip! If it doesn't get autoupdated i'll try that.

 

I did purge ESET and reinstalled it. There was a strange error when i uninstalled it, and used eset uninstaller tool in safe mode, but that did also get the same errors, some keys it couldn't delete, so i run regedit with trustedinstaller privilege instead, and managed that way delete those stuck keys that eset uninstaller tool couldn't. Reinstalled eset 11 today and have since then been running fine now. Hopefully will continue to run fine. Maybe it was those keys in registry causing the problem with livegrid.

Thank you very much, Cyberhash for you help. Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slooshy said:

oTpEJK2.jpg

Same problem.  I clearly have internet access.

 

And now the warning message suddenly disappeared, 9 minutes later.

 

Do Eset LiveGrid servers drop frequently? If so, I'm going to have to disable these notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am seeing this now also. Interestingly, I have two computers ... side by side, on the same network. One computer, Win 10 Pro x64 w/ FALL Creators Update just popped up with this warning.

The other computer, Win 7 x64 Ultimate is not showing the message.

Both systems are running ESET ANTI-VIRUS 11.0.144.0

I updated to the latest ESET version about the moment it was officially released. This is the first time I am seeing the message (Friday, 10/27 at 8:40 a.m. EASTERN US)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I should have mentioned, I'm also using

Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19)

Eset Smart Security Premium 11.0.144.0

Detection Engine: 16313 (20171027)
Rapid Response module: 10981 (20171027)
Update module: 1010 (20170621)
Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1531.2 (20171024)
Advanced heuristics module: 1180 (20170914)
Archive support module: 1269 (20170913)
Cleaner module: 1149 (20171023)
Anti-Stealth support module: 1117 (20171011)
Firewall module: 1371 (20171013)
ESET SysInspector module: 1270 (20170808)
Translation support module: 1637 (20171016)
HIPS support module: 1301 (20171016)
Internet protection module: 1318 (20171002)
Web content filter module: 1058 (20170406)
Advanced antispam module: 6352 (20171027)
Database module: 1093 (20170725)
Configuration module (33): 1565 (20170919)
LiveGrid communication module: 1022 (20160401)
Specialized cleaner module: 1012 (20160405)
Banking & payment protection module: 1114 (20171018)
Rootkit detection and cleaning module: 1019 (20170825)
Network protection module: 1560 (20171026)
Router vulnerability scanner module: 1041 (20170925)
Script scanner module: 1024 (20171019)
Connected Home Network module: 1017.1 (20171018)
Cryptographic protocol support module: 1022 (20170921)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happening using v11 anti virus. Comes and goes sporadically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you still having these issues? Today some LG servers were down which likely caused this notification to appear. We don't recommend disabling these notifications unless you are connected to the Internet only intermittently.

In future versions, these notifications should not be displayed if no Internet connection is detected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Slooshy said:

Is there any way in Eset to specify what servers to use?

https://support.eset.com/kb332/#esetlivegrid

In regards to this link:

Quote

These IP addresses need to be enabled for HTTP port 80. Also, an access to your local DNS server is required for DNS queries on UDP port 53.

I did do the following from an admin level command prompt subsequent to when I had the issue and have not seen the LiveGid connection alert since. Worth a try:

ipconfig /flushdns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Are you still having these issues? Today some LG servers were down which likely caused this notification to appear. We don't recommend disabling these notifications unless you are connected to the Internet only intermittently.

In future versions, these notifications should not be displayed if no Internet connection is detected.

About 10 minutes after posting, the advisory message went away without my doing anything. So, perhaps it was a LG server issue at your end. Thanks for that important piece of information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had LiveGid issue as for about 15 to 20 minutes. It went away after that.

This was around 2 PM, UK time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Are you still having these issues?

No. The warning popped up and disappeared after 9 minutes. But should the severs keep dropping, getting distracted from work is easy.

 

Do Eset LiveGrid servers drop frequently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...