ESET Tutorial

GianRoss

• Administrators

1, Download ESET Live Installer.
2, Launch ESET Live Installer.
3, Activate your ESET product.
4, You're done :)

By the way, there is already v11 available so we recommend using it.

Well,

I was hoping I could get in to it a little more than that, perhaps I didn'y explain very well. For example, it blocks many Internet pages that I've used for years, I'm no positive what scans to use when, I'm unable to download. I should of asked for a tutorial to familiarize myself.

P.S. It just let me get this version yesterday, how do I get 11?

TY :)

GR

Edited by GianRoss

1 hour ago, GianRoss said:

Well,

I was hoping I could get in to it a little more than that, perhaps I didn'y explain very well. For example, it blocks many Internet pages that I've used for years, I'm no positive what scans to use when, I'm unable to download. I should of asked for a tutorial to familiarize myself.

P.S. It just let me get this version yesterday, how do I get 11?

TY :)

GR

There's nothing additional that needs to be done. If ESET is blocking some sites and/or files, it is for a good reason as they are known from previous history that they have 0 or close to very little false positives so I suggest you stop visiting the pages that you *thought* were safe and leave that to the security experts (no pun intended)

To download ESET NOD32 v11.0.144.0, visit this link: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eav/windows/latest/eav_nt64.exe

So you're saying I can do no customizing, white listing or whatever I need? These are things that previously were ok I nod32.  I'd like to see what does what. Thank you for the link :) .

GR

• Administrators
4 hours ago, GianRoss said:

So you're saying I can do no customizing, white listing or whatever I need? These are things that previously were ok I nod32.  I'd like to see what does what. Thank you for the link :) .

GR

Users cannot usually distinguish a clean site from a compromised site. Could you please provide some examples of websites that you think they are clean but ESET is blocking them? If you think it's a false positive, a proper way of reporting them to ESET is by following the instructions at https://support.eset.com/kb141/.

anthem.com, myservices.timewarnercable.com there are a few others that I don't remember. I'm confident in what sites I go to are safe. I'm quite sure they probably are false positives, regardless of that users should be able to learn what different aspects of the AV are.

TYVM :)

GR

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GianRoss said:

anthem.com, myservices.timewarnercable.com there are a few others that I don't remember. I'm confident in what sites I go to are safe. I'm quite sure they probably are false positives, regardless of that users should be able to learn what different aspects of the AV are.

These are not blocked and don't appear to have ever been blocked by ESET. If you are having issues blocking certain websites that you think are clean, please create a new topic in the Malware Finding and Cleaning forum and also post a complete record (line) related to the detection/block from the "Filtered websites" or "Detected threats" log.