Banking & Payment Protection Whitelist

Hey,

I haven't been using B&PP since it was introduced since my password manager's extension isn't whitelisted, and thus can't be used within the secure browser without manual copy/paste. Is this something ESET will ever consider doing? I'm using 1password.

Thanks

On 10/24/2017 at 6:15 PM, Marcos said:

What version of 1Password do you use?

I am having a like problem applying the 1Password extension for Chrome in Windows 10. My version of 1Password is v4.6.2.626. The problem has existed with the Banking and Payment Protection for several versions going back over a year.

1Password v4 is the standalone version of 1Password which I have used for several years.

I totally agree with cvvorous - I use LastPass - to ensure I have the most secure & often changed passwords especially with banking and credit card sites. That eset a) doesn't even know who 1Password is (and most likely LastPass) some of the biggest names in password protection and b) that the banking / payment "Protection" doesn't allow access to these extensions is a major flaw and black mark against this produce.

If I had know about this issue I definitely would have gone with an alternative supplier and have told my hardware / software supplier as much.

16 hours ago, Ash said:

I totally agree with cvvorous - I use LastPass - to ensure I have the most secure & often changed passwords especially with banking and credit card sites. That eset a) doesn't even know who 1Password is (and most likely LastPass) some of the biggest names in password protection and b) that the banking / payment "Protection" doesn't allow access to these extensions is a major flaw and black mark against this produce.

If I had know about this issue I definitely would have gone with an alternative supplier and have told my hardware / software supplier as much.

I too use LastPass (Premium & Win 7x64) and have NO ISSUES with BPP. I open a BPP window and LastPass is there and functions without an issue. So I am not sure what Ash is talking about.:blink:

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, TomFace said:

I too use LastPass (Premium & Win 7x64) and have NO ISSUES with BPP. I open a BPP window and LastPass is there and functions without an issue.

BPP has been updated with info about LastPass plug-in on a regular basis which is likely why you haven't noticed any issues.

How do I add LastPass to BPP (I already use it in Google Chrome)?
Am using EIS 11.0.144.0

When I try to add LastPass as an extension from the extensions list or go to the LastPass website in the BPP browser to add it,
will get  'CRX_FILE_NOT_READABLE'." error message.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 9:09 AM, Marcos said:

Support for the latest version of the 1Password plug-in will be added in the Banking payment and protection module 1115.

Received the update to module 1115 today and can confirm it works - will ESET have to deploy a module update with every 1password extension or client update?